Michael Dickson

Machinator

1 hour ago, JMFP said:
On 10/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, PsychMike said:
Yep. We almost beat them last year because of him, and they were so much better than us.

Wasn't he the punter that dropped the snap in 2015?

Yep, good snap at shoulder level and center of his body, but went right through his hands. He ran it down and barely got off the punt for -6 yds to our 18 yd line with 0:36 left in game. We were tied at 27, so it would likely have been OT, but they kicked an easy game winning FG. That was extra reason I wanted him to play a large role in beating them later.

Good article and podcast interview. 

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/542131/seahawks-michael-dickson-parents-safety/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

part of the article. 

In addition to breaking down everything there is to know about his big run from last Sunday, Dickson also spent time during his in-person interview on Hawks Live to express his amazement at what his life has become after the Seahawks made him a fifth-round draft pick last April and he won the punter job in training camp.

“Sometimes I forget I’m on the other side of the world living out my dream. I looked down today, actually, saw ‘Seahawks’ on my hoodie – I can’t believe I’m playing for the Seahawks. Honestly it’s insane to me,” he said.

Getting the chance to play in Seattle is something he hoped to get after meeting with Seahawks general manager John Schneider following his pro day at the University of Texas last spring.

“I got on really well with Schneider at my pro day. We had lunch together afterwards and I was like, if I could choose I’d want it to be the Seahawks (to draft me) because of him and Pete Carroll. The more I’ve been here, the more I’ve learned. I didn’t even know all this stuff about the Seahawks that I’m learning now and about (Carroll’s) coaching philosophy.

“I’m so lucky to have ended up here.”

Apparently he's going to learn and potentially run kick offs for the Seahawks next year (not drop kicks).  

interesting podcast.  

Edited by SDG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He put one at the 1, one at the 2, had a 65 and 62 that ended up as touchbacks (in his defense, that's about 80 yds from where he kicked it so they should have downed it), and then after a fucked up kick return and offensive series in OT made it 4th down at their 18, kicked it 59 yds to the SF 23. But then the punt coverage and defense fucked it all up and they lost.

• Like 1

Sure thing. Why would the guy leading the conference in punting, and leading the fan vote, get the pick?

Morstead is 3rd in net avg and trails Dicko in every category except total and average return yds. But he also only has about half the number of punts and tends to punt closer to midfield than his endzone.