Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

8 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

Coach tang just got a monster standing ovation his first trip back to Waco. Something tells me we may want to take that back in a couple hours lol.

KSU up 10-4 already. They look for real

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

KSU up 10-4 already. They look for real

Yeah, he seems to know what he’s doing. I know it’s still early and there really isn’t a significant sample size, but he turned that roster so quickly and seems to coach his ass off. KSU is going to have one hell of a time keeping him. 

4 hours ago, qwertyu1234 said:

No, that would be Gradey Dick

I kinda forgot he’s a frosh.  Kansas has “that guy” every season.

Still, I’m in awe of quickly Lipsey has become a difference maker and the amount of clutch plays he’s made.  When he originally signed, the idea was he’d be playing behind Hunter learning the ropes.

21 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sigh, I feel bad for the kids on our team. Just an endless string of bad luck this season. Home game that you absolutely needed for record and team morale and you can't get it done. We're down a lot of players right now but OU isn't good. Ah well.

Didn't Texas Tech have injury issues last year too? When is this not bad luck but rather a problem with Mark Adams? 

Maybe it's just two years of bad luck or maybe it's a terrible strength and conditioning staff/a coach that's too physical in practices. 

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Didn't Texas Tech have injury issues last year too? When is this not bad luck but rather a problem with Mark Adams? 

Maybe it's just two years of bad luck or maybe it's a terrible strength and conditioning staff/a coach that's too physical in practices. 

Maybe, who knows. We did have some injury issues last year but it's nothing like what we've dealt with so far this year.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:47 PM, Js1 said:

Road teams having a great day in the Big 12. KSU in Waco, KU in Morgantown, ISU in Fort Worth, Texas in Stillwater and OU is up late in Lubbock 

Damn did the road squads really go 5-0 on the same day? 

Gonna be a lot of close games this season, and I expect OSU will lose a bunch of them. Talent is there, coaching seems good enough, but missing a real leader and consistent star player. I bet 7-8 teams make the tourney, I doubt we'll make the cut. I like Boynton a lot but I'm not sure he makes it past this season unless we end up at least in the top half of the conference.

Edited by 'stache

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You mean it runs through Kansas like it does every year. 😂

Agree that through 3 the standings are a little unexpected.

I mean, first point goes without saying.

Second point though, I don't think even the biggest KSU/ISU homers had them in a 3-0 tie for the conference lead, while  Baylor/Tech are 0-3.  TCU/Texas about where I thought they'd be, considering 2 of our first 3 conf games were on the road. Didn't figure we'd lose the home game though. 

Tech is young, small, and injured.  Saturday night we had two of our starters, who are also the two guys who pretty much carry the team on their shoulders, out with injuries, and they will probably be out tomorrow night again as well.

Our big guy, new transfer from Utah State broke his foot/ankle/leg before the season ever began.  

Adams' defense really needs long guys and we just don't have them.  We really only have two veterans, and everyone else is extremely young and inexperienced.  This year is lost, IMHO.  Question is...can we keep some of the young talent from transferring out at the end of the year.