2024 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Your best chance is Donald Trump winning the nomination in a brutal and terrible battle with Ron Desantis and then people that don't like Trump just not bothering to show up and vote. Or, Desantis beating Trump and Trump responding like a nutter and actively campaigning for Democrats as political retribution.  

Trump losing the primary means he runs as the MAGA candidate to destroy the GQP because A) there's a lot of money to be made in a MAGA party, and B) Trump will not forgive the GQP for not selecting him as their candidate.

And you better fucking believe that Trump will spill any and all dirty secrets he has about Republicans, because holy shit he would be furious if he lost the primary.  All those Republicans that said they wouldn't support him, then they spend some alone time with him on a golf course, and all of the sudden they are 100% his cheerleader?  Yep, their secrets come out.

This is a guy who hinted around about Ted Cruz's wife and her mental health breakdown out on Mopac.  He won't hint around, he'll be releasing press releases every day about any and all Republicans that cross his mind.

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Another thread for another time, but I am genuinely curious why Abbott & the RPT have never considered moving us towards that model again where you had to be registered under a certain party to pull that ballot. 

Because they think they will have to use it against Democrats at some point.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, Wooderson is no democrat, buddy. 

Texas is turning into a place where you run statewide as an independent to shed that Democrat label that drags candidates down statewide.  Sadly, that's just what you have to do in red states. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas is turning into a place where you run statewide as an independent to shed that Democrat label that drags candidates down statewide.  Sadly, that's just what you have to do in red states. 

I'm not talking about labels. My point is, that guy would very likely support a lot of the same policies you currently find abhorrent in republicans. I don't think he's a bad guy, by any stretch, but he is very religious and fairly conservative. Would he be an improvement? Sure, that's a low bar. But I wouldn't assume he's going to be the savior you hope for him to be...

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not talking about labels. My point is, that guy would very likely support a lot of the same policies you currently find abhorrent in republicans. I don't think he's a bad guy, by any stretch, but he is very religious and fairly conservative. Would he be an improvement? Sure, that's a low bar. But I wouldn't assume he's going to be the savior you hope for him to be...

I don't think he will be.  I didn't want him to run for governor either, bc he's not a democrat.

But he's miles better than Cruz and Abbott. 

MM would be an ideal person to primary Cruz.  Unfortunately, he has zero interest in working in DC. 

im starting to guess the person will have to come from within the current GOP ranks like 12 and 18

Dems have to sweep the 3 tossups. Not impossible with two pretty strong incumbents in Brown and Tester and Arizona trending blue.  We’ll see if Manchin gears up for another term and if his brand can hold up