2024 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

Something must be said about the embarrassing behavior of Tim Scott that has gone far beyond the usual parody normally associated with him. From quoting Fannie Lou Hamer in relation to virtues of Donald Trump to shamelessly buck dancing before him in New Hampshire last night, Tim has reached a new low. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm glad it's you saying it, because that shit is embarrassing.

When slave patrols and slave catchers would go on the prowl, they would bring along a happy, submissive Negro along to help ensnare escaping runaways. They paid him in butter biscuits. The moral of the story for Tim and others like him is don’t be a butter biscuit.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Something must be said about the embarrassing behavior of Tim Scott that has gone far beyond the usual parody normally associated with him. From quoting Fannie Lou Hamer in relation to virtues of Donald Trump to shamelessly buck dancing before him in New Hampshire last night, Tim has reached a new low. 

Even Trump seemed to have a revelation how fucked up it is that Tim Scott has zero loyalty to Nikki. Behind closed doors, I imagine Trump would have called him a POS for that move.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

When slave patrols and slave catchers would go on the prowl, they would bring along a happy, submissive Negro along to help ensnare escaping runaways. They paid him in butter biscuits. The moral of the story for Tim and others like him is don’t be a butter biscuit.

Again, I am gonna have to nod in agreement and stay in my lane. 

2023 Q4 Approval Ratings for Senate:

2024 Dems:
Jon Tester: 56/33 (+23)
Bob Casey: 47/32 (+15)
Jacky Rosen: 45/34 (+11)
Sherrod Brown: 45/36 (+9)
Tammy Baldwin: 44/42 (+2)
Kyrsten Sinema: 41/45 (-4)
Bob Menendez: 25/59 (-34)

2024 Reps:
Ted Cruz: 47/44 (+3)
Josh Hawley: 45/38 (+7)
Rick Scott: 45/41 (+4)

Tester and Brown are truly gods in their states. I really cannot just write off either seat which how powerful those brands are.  Same with Casey in PA, but that isn't a risk seat to me.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

2023 Q4 Approval Ratings for Senate:

2024 Dems:
Jon Tester: 56/33 (+23)
Bob Casey: 47/32 (+15)
Jacky Rosen: 45/34 (+11)
Sherrod Brown: 45/36 (+9)
Tammy Baldwin: 44/42 (+2)
Kyrsten Sinema: 41/45 (-4)
Bob Menendez: 25/59 (-34)

2024 Reps:
Ted Cruz: 47/44 (+3)
Josh Hawley: 45/38 (+7)
Rick Scott: 45/41 (+4)

Tester and Brown are truly gods in their states. I really cannot just write off either seat which how powerful those brands are.  Same with Casey in PA, but that isn't a risk seat to me.  

Yep, I will be really surprised if the GOP picks up more than 2 seats.  They’ll pick up Manchin’s and probably Sinema’s. I am actually thinking they have a better chance of unseating Jacky Rosen in NV than beating Brown or Tester or Casey.  Seeing Baldwin at only +2 is discouraging but I think she’ll pull it out.  I’m also a little worried about Stabenow’s seat in Michigan.

Edited by Snake Diggity

8 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Yep, I will be really surprised if the GOP picks up more than 2 seats.  They’ll pick up Manchin’s and probably Sinema’s. I am actually thinking they have a better chance of unseating Jacky Rosen in NV than beating Brown or Tester or Casey.  Seeing Baldwin at only +2 is discouraging but I think she’ll pull it out.  I’m also a little worried about Stabenow’s seat in Michigan.

My dude, what? 

The GOP is not taking Sinema’s seat. @Zonahorn

Michigan GOP is in shambles. As is NV. They do not have good candidates running in those states. They don’t even have decent ones - the worst of the worst. 2022 out front says candidate quality matters.

Same in Wisconsin - every big name decided not to challenge Baldwin. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My dude, what? 

The GOP is not taking Sinema’s seat. @Zonahorn

Michigan GOP is in shambles. As is NV. They do not have good candidates running in those states. They don’t even have decent ones - the worst of the worst. 2022 out front says candidate quality matters.

Same in Wisconsin - every big name decided not to challenge Baldwin. 

Holy fuck is the AZ GOP really going to run Kari Fucking Lake??? Yeah never mind, they’re not winning that seat.  One can dream that the only seat they pick up is Manchin’s.  I’ll take 49-51 all day with Harris as VP.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, the AZ GOP is batshit. They're also broke and Kari Lake staged a coup for control of the state party and made the previous state chair resign. The current chair went on Steve Bannon's show and begged for money for "litigation"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

Yes, the AZ GOP is batshit. They're also broke and Kari Lake staged a coup for control of the state party and made the previous state chair resign. The current chair went on Steve Bannon's show and begged for money for "litigation"

MAGA also took over NV’s GOP party and is now whining that they don’t have money or infrastructure anymore 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Holy fuck is the AZ GOP really going to run Kari Fucking Lake??? Yeah never mind, they’re not winning that seat.  One can dream that the only seat they pick up is Manchin’s.  I’ll take 49-51 all day with Harris as VP.  

Doesn't matter who they run, Ruben Gallego is a fucking dream candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

MAGA also took over NV’s GOP party and is now whining that they don’t have money or infrastructure anymore 

For decades, the leaders of the GOP were the dorky, debate obsessed weirdos from college that reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework… and then within 2 years they were completely overrun by trailer park lunatics. It would be hilarious if I wasn’t so worried for the country.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For decades, the leaders of the GOP were the dorky, debate obsessed weirdos from college that reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework… and then within 2 years they were completely overrun by trailer park lunatics. It would be hilarious if I wasn’t so worried for the country.

Yep. It'd be a dude who knew how to act at a dinner party and you'd ask him for financial tips. Now it's somebody waiting to go inside the pawn shop eating a Hot Pocket with her mouth open and the kids going apeshit in the car.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

50 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yep. It'd be a dude who knew how to act at a dinner party and you'd ask him for financial tips. Now it's somebody waiting to go inside the pawn shop eating a Hot Pocket with her mouth open and the kids going apeshit in the car.

More importantly, he or she knew what forms needed to be filled out and filed at the county courthouse, and just as importantly, when they needed to be filed. Now it’s somebody who is arguing with the bank every month when the payment on the double-wide is due because they didn’t realize that it was the end of the month or who forget how much the payment was even though it hasn’t changed in years.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

More importantly, he or she knew what forms needed to be filled out and filed at the county courthouse, and just as importantly, when they needed to be filed. Now it’s somebody who is arguing with the bank every month when the payment on the double-wide is due because they didn’t realize that it was the end of the month or who forget how much the payment was even though it hasn’t changed in years.

They make it so it'll confuse you. Them forms I mean. That's how they repo it all back and sell it again and again.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Mike Johnson was set to endorse but backed out because of pressure from Republican Senate campaign arm, McConnell, etc. Maybe Rosendale will play that up and the primary gets nasty.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Mike Johnson was set to endorse but backed out because of pressure from Republican Senate campaign arm, McConnell, etc. Maybe Rosendale will play that up and the primary gets nasty.

Johnson has no principles or even the ability to stick to a position. I get he’s going to bat for “his” guy bc Rosendale is part of his caucus but he backtracked so fast

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Johnson has no principles or even the ability to stick to a position. I get he’s going to bat for “his” guy bc Rosendale is part of his caucus but he backtracked so fast

The Speaker of the House typically has some coattails for his party to ride.  This guy offers toilet paper on his shoe.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The Speaker of the House typically has some coattails for his party to ride.  This guy offers toilet paper on his shoe.  

He has now clarified he will donate to Rosendale, but not "support him," because that would go against the NRSC/McConnell. 

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He has now clarified he will donate to Rosendale, but not "support him," because that would go against the NRSC/McConnell. 

The funny thing is just yesterday the was wide reporting on how McConnell's grip on the Republican Senate was loosening, now today we get this.  I wouldn't mind McConnell getting McCarthy'd, mind you, that would be quite hilarious, but just a day later the Speaker of the House is publicly kowtowing to him.  To say that they are an absolute mess right now is a grand understatement.  

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

The funny thing is just yesterday the was wide reporting on how McConnell's grip on the Republican Senate was loosening, now today we get this.  I wouldn't mind McConnell getting McCarthy'd, mind you, that would be quite hilarious, but just a day later the Speaker of the House is publicly kowtowing to him.  To say that they are an absolute mess right now is a grand understatement.  

Ted Cruz is out there talking shit about Turtle.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/07/senate-border-bill-mitch-mcconnell-rick-scott-jd-vance-ted-cruz-mike-lee/

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Larry Hogan is running in MD.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/02/09/congress/hogan-running-for-senate-00140681

Still probably a slight underdog in a solid blue state with Trump on the top of the ticket, but certainly puts a previously safe Democratic seat in play.

I hope this was a joke 

A) he likely will not win the primary against MAGA Dan Cox and B) Trump lost this state by 33 points 

Former governors don’t make the best candidates for Senate. Bullock, Bredesen, Lingle, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I hope this was a joke 

A) he likely will not win the primary against MAGA Dan Cox and B) Trump lost this state by 33 points 

Former governors don’t make the best candidates for Senate. Bullock, Bredesen, Lingle, etc. 

Cook has this seat prior to this as listed as likely Dem (a step just before solid), which sort of surprised me given the 33 point (I remember it being that high) differential.  It doesn't sound like Hogan, who isn't the worst of the worst, could make any sort of dent into that, even if he escapes the primary.  I wonder why it's only listed as likely and not solid? 

Any sort of thought on that Js1?  

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Cook has this seat prior to this as listed as likely Dem (a step just before solid), which sort of surprised me given the 33 point (I remember it being that high) differential.  It doesn't sound like Hogan, who isn't the worst of the worst, could make any sort of dent into that, even if he escapes the primary.  I wonder why it's only listed as likely and not solid? 

Any sort of thought on that Js1?  

Cook is weirdly bullish on calling open seats “solid,” but they may wait to see if Cox wins the primary, in which case it will end up solid. Cox lost the governor’s race by 32 points. He’s MAGA as fuck and Maryland is very blue for federal races. 

Hogan is no different than Charlie Baker or Phil Scott or Laura Kelly or Andy Beshear - they can win governor races but they’d lose senate races bigly. Happens all the time - Linda Lingle won 2 terms as governor of Hawaii as a Republican and lost her senate race by 25 points 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Cook is weirdly bullish on calling open seats “solid,” but they may wait to see if Cox wins the primary, in which case it will end up solid. Cox lost the governor’s race by 32 points. He’s MAGA as fuck and Maryland is very blue for federal races. 

I get the impression, and perhaps I am wrong, statistics will tell us, that Cook seems to put almost everything Democratic in some level of play, while rarely ever placing Republican stuff in play.  Perhaps that is my impression vs fact, but it sure seems like they are often far more bullish on Republican odds vs Democratic ones.  

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

She’s going to get trounced.

Probably, but that's the best ad I've seen in a while.  I'm just glad to see a candidate, any candidate pushing for Anti-Trust legislation, long overdue.  The only missing element to me was executive compensation.

Bravo.  

• Like 1

Good for her, and not in a sarcastic way. Small enough state to campaign and meet people. Easy to understand imagery. Would be interesting to see how this plays with Bank of North Dakota history flying in the face of the people they tend to vote for

12 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is a brilliant political commercial.  

Good concept, good ideas, bad execution. Like most Democratic long form ads the tone is all over the place and the main thing drowns in miscellanea. It also doesn’t help that they have three wildly different musical themes without a narrative structure with any kind of continuity to tie them together, and somehow “Waymore’s Blues” only gets like 4 seconds.

When you say everything to everybody. You’re saying nothing to nobody. 

• Hook 'Em 2