Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

I mean if they are there, they should talk.
If they don't want to talk...don't be there.

Hell, they are even obligated to talk as a condition of being gifted the passes. This was clarified after the Serena Williams and Megan Thee Stallion “incidents”.

I generally like Alanis (and she’s a UT grad), but that’s a poor take.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Hell, they are even obligated to talk as a condition of being gifted the passes. This was clarified after the Serena Williams and Megan Thee Stallion “incidents”.

I generally like Alanis (and she’s a UT grad), but that’s a poor take.

I disagree, because it isn't about someone not talking it's about Brundle being a fucking tit as usual

Eh I like Brundle but if a celebrity doesn't want to talk then he should just move on.  Mainly because I don't give even one half of one shit what any celebrity has to say about... well.... anything.

The gushing interview with Brad Pitt was cool, though.  And that dude who was some sort of British musician who was delighted to talk to Brundle was also cool, too, since it was obvious he knew his Formula 1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And that dude who was some sort of British musician who was delighted to talk to Brundle was also cool, too, since it was obvious he knew his Formula

Who was it

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

Who was it

Had to look it up at the time, because he was so nice.

Sam Ryder Robinson (born 25 June 1989) is an English singer, songwriter and social media personality. He rose to prominence in 2020, after posting music covers on TikTok, during the first UK lockdown of the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Ryder

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Had to look it up at the time, because he was so nice.

Sam Ryder Robinson (born 25 June 1989) is an English singer, songwriter and social media personality. He rose to prominence in 2020, after posting music covers on TikTok, during the first UK lockdown of the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Ryder

Huh. No idea

I don’t watch any of these shit interviews. I’m watching from the f1tv app and instead get former drivers walking around on the grid talking to actual f1 people.

Edit: still had to listen to dick winters sing some redcoat national anthem tho

4 minutes ago, faps said:

Danny Ric back??

sounds official

i know people don't like Will Buxton but this is 100% spot on. they aren't bringing him back to have some additional time in the AT for next season, putting pressure on Checo and seeing if Danny is cooked or not.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

sounds official

i know people don't like Will Buxton but this is 100% spot on. they aren't bringing him back to have some additional time in the AT for next season, putting pressure on Checo and seeing if Danny is cooked or not.

official:

lvd7kruxkcbb1.jpg

m3uxpa21ocbb1.png

i love Danny, but...

Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

then again isn't Barretto quite reliable?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NoName said:

sounds official

I think they want a benchmark for Yuki. They want to see if he’s worth promoting to the second RB seat next year. If either Yuki or Danny Ric clearly beat the other, I’d say that driver has the inside lane for the second RB seat.   

That and De Vries has been absolute dog shit and never deserved the F1 seat in the first place. Scoring a point at Monza in that Williams really wasn’t that impressive and his junior career was extremely underwhelming. Easily the worst junior career of any F2 winner ever. I mean Latifi got second the year he won F2 and he didn’t beta Latifi by much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

sounds official

Buxton still sucks ass. He's just stating the obvious.

And the only surprise here is that it took them this long to make the move. Devries has been terrible all season. This just in: FE is in no way a feeder series for F1. My 19 yo predicted this before the season started just based on that alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

LMFAO. Toto grasping at any straw he can, trying to keep Andretti out of F1. Such bullshit. Gee, I wonder why it wasn't considered a safety issue just a few years ago when we had 11 or 12 teams on the grid. Remember when F1 gave Haas special conditions to enter F1 - just to keep the grid at 11 teams? Yeah ...

www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-11th-f1-team-would-create-safety-issues/10492786/

LOL. Such bullshit. Grasping at straws. Gee, I wonder why it wasn't considered a safety issue not that long ago when we had 11 or 12 teams on the grid
Edited by wood
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

Oh, and they race on some of the same tracks as WEC, Spa 24hrs etc. FFS. It's time that the "journalists" in F1 starts pushing back on the absolute BS being thrown around by the TP's.

someone on twitter shared something about COTA being able to host NASCAR and having 39 drivers on the track at once.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, wood said:

LMFAO. Toto grasping at any straw he can, trying to keep Andretti out of F1. Such bullshit. Gee, I wonder why it wasn't considered a safety issue just a few years ago when we had 11 or 12 teams on the grid. Remember when F1 gave Haas special conditions to enter F1 - just to keep the grid at 11 teams? Yeah ...

www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-11th-f1-team-would-create-safety-issues/10492786/

LOL. Such bullshit. Grasping at straws. Gee, I wonder why it wasn't considered a safety issue not that long ago when we had 11 or 12 teams on the grid

I'm starting to not like him 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm starting to not like him 

Starting? Ha. He talks about the Qualifying format being unsafe with more than 10 teams on ttrack, even though it was introduced with 11 teams and even worked with 12 teams. And still, no F1 journo challenges them on this stuff at all, because they don't want to lose access.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would be pretty shocked if Yuki ever ends up in the Red Bull's 2nd seat.  He's closer to not being resigned to AT than he is to being promoted to Red Bull.

That’s what I thought as well. It’s weird how much love there is for yuki all of a sudden. Funny as a personality but I haven’t seen a lot of sustained performance from him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I would be pretty shocked if Yuki ever ends up in the Red Bull's 2nd seat.  He's closer to not being resigned to AT than he is to being promoted to Red Bull.

Yeah I don't really see it either.