wc day 6

Hagbard Celine

11 minutes ago, JNip said:

That's what I saw, I was wondering if there was something else going on. Was he planning on coming off or something? 

He had exited the game due to “injury”.

He was waiting to be allowed back on. He was then waved back on once the ball had moved back to midfield.

As he’s jogging onto the pitch, Poland sends the ball backwards and #19 speeds up and steals the ball and makes the Polish defender & keeper his bitches. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 2

Just now, JNip said:

This is fun. Two great games so far today. BEST GROUP EVER! 

Funny how so many times that is the case. It is not the group with the powerhouses but the ones with the scrappy teams that make the best groups. Well except when powerhouses get knocked the fuck out. 

Senegal took it to Poland I agree, but man, the ref made 3 completely incorrect calls that royally fucked Poland. 

There should have been a red card on the breakaway takedown, a PK on an in-the-box takedown of a Polish player with the ball and space, and then the ref letting #19 back onto the field when it looked like a sub was supposed to be happening at the same time, allowing the open run to goal because the defender and keeper both thought he was being subbed out.... that is a total fuckup by the ref to let it happen without Poland having clear posession of the ball.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

This group sure ended in a total unexpected way. Colombia and Poland the favorites in the group our now playing a game to see who ends up eliminated instead of the expected game of who ends up in first place.

Poland-Colombia draw & Senegal-Japan draw, then Poland & Colombia each win by 2 and they both advance.

Simple

10 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Senegal took it to Poland I agree, but man, the ref made 3 completely incorrect calls that royally fucked Poland. 

There should have been a red card on the breakaway takedown, a PK on an in-the-box takedown of a Polish player with the ball and space, and then the ref letting #19 back onto the field when it looked like a sub was supposed to be happening at the same time, allowing the open run to goal because the defender and keeper both thought he was being subbed out.... that is a total fuckup by the ref to let it happen without Poland having clear posession of the ball.

Your second point is just wrong.

#19 was never going to be one of the two players involved in the substitution. #11 was coming in for #9.

After the ball was no longer in the "danger zone" in front of Senegal's goal, the ref waved on #19. Absolutely the standard procedure. This move was completely normal and fine, no error what-so-ever by the ref. NONE. Nada.

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He had exited the game due to “injury”.

He was waiting to be allowed back on. He was then waved back on once the ball had moved back to midfield.

As he’s jogging onto the pitch, Poland sends the ball backwards and #19 speeds up and steals the ball and makes the Polish defender & keeper his bitches. 

i don't know, man, that's shady as fuck. how they wave him on when the ball is in play like that...i just saw a short clip but it looked like a total fuck up

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

There should have been a red card on the breakaway takedown, a PK on an in-the-box takedown of a Polish player with the ball and space, and then the ref letting #19 back onto the field when it looked like a sub was supposed to be happening at the same time is a total fuckup.

Commentators on Telemundo discussing that the ref letting #19 back in was bad timing but worse was the defender being distracted since no whistle blew. They are saying players are taught to play through the whistle. Where have I heard that before? They are praising #19 for taking advantage of the mistake by the defender and timing by the ref.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

#19 was never going to be one of the two players involved in the substitution. #11 was coming in for #9.

After the ball was no longer in the "danger zone" in front of Senegal's goal, the ref waved on #19. Absolutely the standard procedure. This move was completely normal and fine, no error what-so-ever by the ref. NONE. Nada.

its not wrong.  there was obviously going to be a sub. the fucking 4th ref is sitting there with the sub board.     obviously Poland fucked up by losing track of him, but i fully understand how and why the Polish team thought he was either still off-field, or about to be subbed out.   and the ref letting the return to pitch happen in the middle of action is a complete fuckup.  Theres a damn good chance the ref is going to end up being sent hom by FIFA because to optics were so bad on the play

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i don't know, man, that's shady as fuck. how they wave him on when the ball is in play like that...i just saw a short clip but it looked like a total fuck up

Keep watching the Cup. You will see that players are waved back on during the run of play in virtually every match. 

The ball was being headed out of one end back toward neutral territory. The Ref waved #19 onto the pitch. The Ref had no way of knowing that Poland was going to then try to send a floater back toward its own goal and the Polish defender was going to have his head in his ass. 

Perfect Storm of Happenstance & Stupidity and #19 took advantage of the storm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its not wrong.  there was obviously going to be a sub. the fucking 4th ref is sitting there with the sub board.     obviously Poland fucked up by losing track of him, but i fully understand how and why the Polish team thought he was either still off-field, or about to be subbed out.   and the ref letting the return to pitch happen in the middle of action is a complete fuckup.  Theres a damn good chance the ref is going to end up being sent hom by FIFA because to optics were so bad on the play

The Poles deserve to be fucked if they think that #11 coming on for #9 = #19 is out of the game.

Fucking idiots!

They will have their flight booked to go home before the ref.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

The defender should have run down that ball full speed and sent it back to the goalie. That is what usually happens. He took a look to see if he had to do so or not before doing what he should have done. It sucks but live and learn. Secure the ball first and then decide what you do with the ball and not the other way around.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Keep watching the Cup. You will see that players are waved back on during the run of play in virtually every match. 

The ball was being headed out of one end back toward neutral territory. The Ref waved #19 onto the pitch. The Ref had no way of knowing that Poland was going to then try to send a floater back toward its own goal and the Polish defender was going to have his head in his ass. 

Perfect Storm of Happenstance & Stupidity and #19 took advantage of the storm.

100% correct. I get that we have some new people watching the sport and this looked "cheap" but it was 100% the right call.

• Like 2

Would have to disagree and others that know the game better than me have said he mismanaged quite a bit and probably shouldnt do another game this WC