2023 Texas High School Football

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

When these games happen quite often in state, I always wonder how bad the blown out's competition was leading up to this game

Crazy thing is there’s no one in the title games that snuck in. They’re all undefeated or at most have 2 losses. And you still get tons of blowouts.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Crazy thing is there’s no one in the title games that snuck in. They’re all undefeated or at most have 2 losses. And you still get tons of blowouts.

Yep. So many blowouts in these state games. Not sure if it's because the regions aren't balanced in terms of talent. 

Well, That was an arse whooping.

42 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Tolar doesn't have the speed or athletes to keep up. 

Also seemed like they’d never seen a slant route before.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Unbalanced regions.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Too early in the week.  Still in the Carhartt and Red Wings portion of the slate.  Friday and Saturday are the prime MILF spotting days. 

We went to the 6-man championships one year when they were in San Angelo.  I think we were the only people not wearing hunting gear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don't recall SA ever having that game? It was at Shotwell in Abilene forever before the single site became a thing.

Richland Springs was in it that year.  I don't remember any of the other teams.  I think it was 2007.  I remember temps were in the teens that night.

So they brought Purcell back again, not sure if they've gone thru the spiel yet but don't believe the crap about "more rings than fingers " bullshit. He was AD for Denton ISD and they're talking about rings that actual winning coaches like Joey Florence and other coaches at Denton schools earned. Here is Purcell 's career record as head coach...

20231214_145253.jpg

• Like 1