Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

i'm beginning to believe.  i think it's chapman that put me over the edge.  you need something that inspires awe.  we had cliff lee.  we had beltre's d.  up until chapman we were just a bunch of good players winning a bunch of games.  you need one dude though that can tell the other side to get proper fucked.

Chapman filled a huge whole in the bullpen. And if you’re going to compete for the postseason nowadays, you need a salty bullpen.

Rangers getting lucky so far that he resembles the Chapman of old and not recent years while struggling with injuries. If he can keep it up, the little Rangers could have a fun October. Fingers crossed.

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Need another reliable bullpen piece. Don’t know if it will come via trade or call up, but it’s still deficient. 

I don't know. I think we might be fine if Sborz comes back and everyone stays healthy. We got back to back bad outings by Leclerc and Anderson last night and maintained a 2 run cushion. 

Not saying they shouldn't find another arm at the deadline - but I think we're about as good as anyone right now save ATL.

Just now, CowtownHorn said:

MLB Trade Rumors podcast talking about Stroman and Bellinger to the Rangers would tip them to the favorites in the AL. 
Ill Allow It GIF

Boy, that would be nice.

I have dreams of seeing Ohtani in a Rangers uniform, but I don't think it's going to happen.  So the best thing in the alternative may be for the Angels just to hold him and get nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cubs have some very interesting relievers, too. The problem is that there aren't going to be a ton of teams selling this year, so prices will be higher than normal.

I have a feeling that one team is going to decide that Ohtani can go win a WS for them and pay a fortune. They may not even be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

I have to say, compared to the last several years…it’s fun as shit to even be discussing stuff like this at this point in the season. All is right in the world when the Rangers are good. 

Yup. It's mid-July and I'm over here Googling stuff like "mlb tv + vpn" (I live in Houston).

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, tokamak said:
Yup. It's mid-July and I'm over here Googling stuff like "mlb tv + vpn" (I live in Houston).

MLB.tv dropped to $47.99 for the rest of the year a few days ago. My VPN works great.

I'm pretty seriously looking into it. One question - if I get a VPN and put it on my router and tell it I'm in Uzbekistan or whatever, is it going to mess up the rest of my streaming services? I know that Netflix for example is getting picky about where people are located because of account sharing.

I'm pretty seriously looking into it. One question - if I get a VPN and put it on my router and tell it I'm in Uzbekistan or whatever, is it going to mess up the rest of my streaming services? I know that Netflix for example is getting picky about where people are located because of account sharing.
It probably will for some apps, I use a second router plugged into the main, so you have to switch wireless networks on your TV device for MLB. MLB does seem to not care if you forget to switch, see a blackout, switch networks and come right back.

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

You can change your VPN IP whenever you want. You can have it be Uzbekistan for Rangers games and Croatia for Netflix. Some sites/services will restrict VPN use, though. I believe Netflix is one of those.