Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

oh i know(on both).  I'm still not sure why Garcia got tossed.  that was bullshit.  I was done with Chapman after about a month.
I'm still amazed that we rode with LeClerc'd as our closer.  he's not a closer and never really has been.

We literally have nobody else for that role. Leclerc wouldn’t be a closer on any other team but it’s all we’ve got. This team has a fatal flaw that leads to heart-breaking defeats.

The Astros are fucking fantastic. Been to seven consecutive ALCS and might be about to go back to back on titles with a third a few years before that. They’ve been the best team in the league for damn near a decade. I hate that. But it’s true. Our time is coming again. It might not be this week but it’s coming.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

After Leody’s missile that forced Jank at 2nd, he stole, so we still had 2nd & 3rd, 1 out. Josh & Nate fucked us.

Just real shit luck with those two balls hit in bot 9 posted above. 

To expand on that Altuves homer had an expected BA half of the two outs we hit in the 9th. That and the batting glove double play Thursday it's just not our series. 

Also Semiens xBA this post season is .243 which isn't great but a 100 point difference is just plain bad luck. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We literally have nobody else for that role. Leclerc wouldn’t be a closer on any other team but it’s all we’ve got. This team has a fatal flaw that leads to heart-breaking defeats.

The Astros are fucking fantastic. Been to seven consecutive ALCS and might be about to go back to back on titles with a third a few years before that. They’ve been the best team in the league for damn near a decade. I hate that. But it’s true. Our time is coming again. It might not be this week but it’s coming.

Yeah but we could have beat them this year. We still can, technically. All the flaws with this Rangers team, perceived or actual, and we had an inside track to make the WS. Yes a better closer would help. Or a few plays just going differently. 

This isn't some unassailable Astros team that we are incapable of beating. 

Yeah but we could have beat them this year. We still can, technically. All the flaws with this Rangers team, perceived or actual, and we had an inside track to make the WS. Yes a better closer would help. Or a few plays just going differently. 
This isn't some unassailable Astros team that we are incapable of beating. 

I didn’t say that. The Astros “only” won 90 games this year but it’s still the Astros until somebody knocks them off. They know how to win these games. Outside of Seager and Max (and Bochy), basically, our guys don’t. They’re starting to show some cracks and Altuve/Bregman can’t play forever.

Heard a crazy stat from Nadel on the broadcast yesterday. The Astros have hit something like 38 HR’s in the 10 games played between these two teams at the GILF in 2023. Incredible.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Heard a crazy stat from Nadel on the broadcast yesterday. The Astros have hit something like 38 HR’s in the 10 games played between these two teams at the GILF in 2023. Incredible.

It's 28 but still nuts. They're 9-1 at GL and 3-6 at home vs the Rangers this year. 

The Astros are 1-3 at home and 5-0 on the road. 

The Rangers are 1-3 at home and 6-0 on the road. 

Winning 1 at home almost guaranteed a World Series trip but we should still feel good about advancing if the offense shows up tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

The bullpen for the two WS teams was pretty good. Also, when they didn’t have a closer for the first Yankees series — we would’ve won if we had a closer for other than Craig Lefferts — they went out and lured the pederast from NY in Wetteland.

A more true comment is that this club hasn’t really ever had a great starting rotation. That was always done on the cheap.

ogando, mike adams, uehera, happy, we had a pretty good pen.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

There was no way it was on purpose in that situation.  They would have absolutely hit him next year at the first chance, but with a runner on and no outs in a 2 run game absolutely not.

I agree that the situation screams not intentional, but the pitch itself looked like he was throwing at him. It didn’t run into him, it was right at him and straight, elevated and 99.  “It slipped” feels a little disingenuous when the slip didn’t cause a loss of velocity. 

anyway, new day new game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

We're about to find out a lot one way or the other about this team.

"A lot"????  Not sure after 173 games we find out much more than either the season is done and this team as presently constituted ceases to exist or that they will continue to exist for at least another day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Okay, I'm here early to talk shit to scummy Astros fans. Wish me luck.

Sitting behind the Rangers dugout to give them some pep talks. But they won't need them. Let's fucking do this.

Also I got a look from Mike.

It said Nate's gonna fuck them up tonight.

PXL_20231022_221415555.thumb.jpg.a572f91e3f082f6cc59bb2372d28f7b2.jpg

Username checks out