Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah you didn't have shit to do with it you didn't watch the team all season then you talked a bunch of unwarranted shit about Max Scherzer.

Word salad to say:

”Thanks Napoleon. You were right about Scherzer.”

Don’t mention it Z.

40 & 41 on the road during the regular season.

11 & 0 on the road once Napoleon hopped onboard with full focus.

Maybe it wasn’t just my whipping out my big stick, maybe it was my presence on the bandwagon.

Strenth[sic]

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

All the old Rangers can be released from baseball hell. 

Oddibe McDowell, Larry Parrish, Buddy Bell, Toby Harrah, Bump Wills, Jim Sundberg, Charlie Hough, Al Oliver, Lenny Randle, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro, Julio Franco, Mike Hargrove, you name ‘em.  

Also, the then-mayor of Arlington, Tom Vandergriff, that made the deal to get the Senator’s franchise to Arlington. 

Rich Billings and Jeff Burroughs were my heroes. Then David Clyde, Jim Sundberg and Mike Hargrove showed up. 

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Eric Nadel

Chuck Morgan

Tom Grieve

Is there anybody alive who's witnessed more Rangers games than those 3? Maybe somebody like Randy Galloway?

I hope all of the above are celebrating in style tonight. 

Mike Rhyner

12 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Let's talk gear. I intentionally didn't buy any new gear this postseason because I'm a superstitous mofo, but now I want all the WS championship shit I can get ahold of. First thing I want is a hoodie. Someone direct me to that. 

This one doesn’t say champs but was official dugout issue, but it’s understated and clean as fuck. 

88B4FF82-07DD-4A08-A563-0CFE927F645E.png

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

I appreciate any future posts of WS merch. Esp if it's not the stuff on the MLB website. Didn't really see anything I liked on there.

You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Watch clips from 2011 and 2010. I've never rewatched any of those highlights. But now I will because it can't hurt me anymore.

I have missed less than 5 football home games since I became LHF in 2013, so I naturally rewatch every game-we all know you actually miss a lot in the stands. I haven’t rewatched 2021 ou to this day. Not directly related, but massively understood. 

I was employed by Frisco RR for both 10 and 11 and was at all home games. Stillllllll can’t find it in me to rewatch any of them. 

Edited by brojangles2
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Evan Grant & TR Sullivan are WAY higher than Galloway. 

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Mike Rhyner

Grant is 56, Sullivan is 64. Rhyner is 72. 

Grieve is 75, Galloway 80, and Morgan is unknown. 

Undoubtedly, all of them have been witness to innumerable Rangers games. I'm so happy for all of them to finally be able to see them win it all. 

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

27 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

I appreciate any future posts of WS merch. Esp if it's not the stuff on the MLB website. Didn't really see anything I liked on there.

You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Watch clips from 2011 and 2010. I've never rewatched any of those highlights. But now I will because it can't hurt me anymore.

Johnnie O and Peter Millar have some nice World Series Champs duds already on their websites. Hoodies too.

• Hook 'Em 2

Times like these, men…all buddies have gone home. I’m on my porch and can’t feel my fucking hands, but I HAVE to have a few more bourbons reflecting on my days with Frisco, when guys like Colby Lewis, Hambone, French, etc came through for rehabs and I just sat in a rolling chair shooting the shit with them at their locker. I was gameday promotions in Frisco. It’s a wave of emotion. I’m a Spurs fan, but never emotional about the NBA. This is my first title since VY ran for the corner. Love you fuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Times like these, men…all buddies have gone home. I’m on my porch and can’t feel my fucking hands, but I HAVE to have a few more bourbons reflecting on my days with Frisco, when guys like Colby Lewis, Hambone, French, etc came through for rehabs and I just sat in a rolling chair shooting the shit with them at their locker. I was gameday promotions in Frisco. It’s a wave of emotion. I’m a Spurs fan, but never emotional about the NBA. This is my first title since VY ran for the corner. Love you fuckers. 
I've already watched the condensed version on MLB app 3 times. My fiancee came out and asked why I was making so much noise. Said I'm reliving the moment and to go the fuck back to bed
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Undoubtedly, all of them have been witness to innumerable Rangers games. I'm so happy for all of them to finally be able to see them win it all. 

Randy Galloway is fucking awesome.

Yeah, Randy is a bad ass. Love that dude. I’m not sure exactly when he started on the Rangers beat but, hell, he might’ve been there at the beginning for all I know. He had a love-hate relationship with the Cowboys, especially after Jerry came on the scene, but he always loved the Rangers.

I have to imagine Chuck Morgan and John Blake are having a hell of time tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I've already watched the condensed version on MLB app 3 times. My fiancee came out and asked why I was making so much noise. Said I'm reliving the moment and to go the fuck back to bed

Love that so much. If you’re ever at a home game in ATX, come find us at Trinity and MLK under the pecans against the fence. Will take a shot, brother. Eyes of Texas Tailgaters. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, Randy is a bad ass. Love that dude. I’m not sure exactly when he started on the Rangers beat but, hell, he might’ve been there at the beginning for all I know. He had a love-hate relationship with the Cowboys, especially after Jerry came on the scene, but he always loved the Rangers.

I have to imagine Chuck Morgan and John Blake are having a hell of time tonight.

Much love for JB. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Have those bourbons man. 

I'm a Spurs fan, too, but didn't appreciate them until the '14 title.

This is the 3rd title I've appreciated during my life. '05 Texas, '14 Spurs, '23 Rangers.

Once every 9 years I guess. Not quite. I was born in '95. 

I count myself really fucking lucky to experience those 3. 

Once a decade feels like reason enough for me to show up absolutely shitty to work tomorrow. They'll understand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Have those bourbons man. 

I'm a Spurs fan, too, but didn't appreciate them until the '14 title.

This is the 3rd title I've appreciated during my life. '05 Texas, '14 Spurs, '23 Rangers.

Once every 9 years I guess. Not quite. I was born in '95. 

I count myself really fucking lucky to experience those 3. 

Once a decade feels like reason enough for me to show up absolutely shitty to work tomorrow. They'll understand. 

Love it dude. We’re basically the same man, born in 87’. Same sentiment to you, coke to the tailgate anytime in ATX, you’ll be welcomed. 

Double posts be damned, I apologize. I just like TEXAS. 

00FA9EE6-55FE-467B-A599-16B94B877A73.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Love it dude. We’re basically the same man, born in 87’. Same sentiment to you, coke to the tailgate anytime in ATX, you’ll be welcomed. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

imma gonna be pumped for his Aggy game that day. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I want some coke

Guys we all want coke. That isn't what this is about. This is about the Rangers. And freedom.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If you're talking about the Surly tailgate I've been multiple times. 

We’re a family TG sponsored by Brown dist. and Cover 3 at Trinity and MLK. If you ever park and walk by us, say hey.🤘🏻

coke was come* lol but I know I’ll pay for that typo 🤣🤣 I’m fucking shivering for sake of victory cigars outside. Fuck it’s cold. 

19 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

We’re a family TG sponsored by Brown dist. and Cover 3 at Trinity and MLK. If you ever park and walk by us, say hey.🤘🏻

coke was come* lol but I know I’ll pay for that typo 🤣🤣 I’m fucking shivering for sake of victory cigars outside. Fuck it’s cold. 

Yes I assumed coke* was come*. 

I thought about coming down this weekend but the 11 am kick kind of sucks. I'm sleep-deprived enough as it is. 

That said Rangers wrapped this shit up early so we'll see. If I did head down there I'd probably go to the Surly tailgate. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Cowboys, Mavs, Stars, and the new rookie in the room, your Texas Rangers have entered the chat!!!!

5 hours ago, Satchel said:

All four of the professional teams in North Texas are now on the board. Awesome!

Y'all are forgetting FC Dallas! 2 U.S. Open Cup championships and a Supporter's Shield trophy. Now all 5 major league pro teams have a trophy!

• immamac unlocked this topic