Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

I drove to the Academy at NW Hwy a few minutes ago and there were probably 500 people in line with more showing up every minute. The line wrapped around 3/4 of the entire parking lot. 
Thought about going to the one by me off Park in Plano but nah. Will be too crowded and I've had way too much to drink

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
20 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:
I drove to the Academy at NW Hwy a few minutes ago and there were probably 500 people in line with more showing up every minute. The line wrapped around 3/4 of the entire parking lot. 

Thought about going to the one by me off Park in Plano but nah. Will be too crowded and I've had way too much to drink

I just ordered $300 worth of merch (which doesn't go too far, tbh) online. I'm not in a real rush.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

I'm spent. I feel damn lucky to have seen one of these record postseason wins in person at Game 6 in the ALCS. I even have a ball pitched by Eovaldi, via Beasley.

I'll probably frame that shit.

World Series Champions.

Bad fucking ass.

Despite my username, all y'all are fucking great in my book.

By chance of a long ago planned appointment I happen to have the next two days off.

Good thing because I am still jacked up with sports euphoria 

Pitched great in Gm 3 

Semien ties record with five RBI

Seager's double-play partner also got in on the historic act in Game 4.Semien notched two hits and drove in five runs, including three on a third-inning home run that stretched the Rangers' advantage to 10-0. Semien's five RBI tied the World Series record for the most by a leadoff hitter, joining Dan Gladden (1987) and Davey Lopes (1978).

• Hook 'Em 1

Seager's 19th homer moves him one away from Jeter

Rangers shortstop Corey Seager broke Game 4 open in the second with a two-run blast off Kyle Nelson that extended Texas' lead to 5-0. Take a look:

Seager, who appeared to roll his ankle but stayed in the game, has now homered 19 times in his postseason career. That puts him one home run behind longtime Yankees icon Derek Jeter for the most by a shortstop in playoffs history.

Seager entered Game 4 having hit .167/.286/.667 with two home runs and four RBI in his first 12 at-bats. He's up to three home runs and six RBI now. Give him credit for making his hits count. It may end up being enough to win him the World Series Most Valuable Player Award for the second time in his career. Seager, who won the honor in 2020 with the Dodgers, is the favorite to win the award again in 2023 after Game 4.

Edited by LTtxfan

44 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That's a hard pass on Kershaw.

You probably would’ve hard passed deGrom. CK has a lot left. Problem is, we’ve got to backfill with young arms. 

44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Get over it pussy. Don't act like you watched these guys all season. 

We on top. 

No clue what you’re talking about. Of course I watched all season. 

It did in Houston
And the beautiful thing is the Mavs sit alone in first.

Looks like Heim and Carter made errors against Tampa, Seager made one against Baltimore, Jung and Semien made errors against Houston. We were clean in the World Series, though.
Leody's misplay should have been an error. I can't believe they didn't give him one there.

So I turned off the Ring camera and quietly drove to the corner store to buy a 6-pack after the victory. Didn't wanna wake up the wife. Car pulls up behind me at the store. It's my brother in law who lives in an adjacent hood. We hi fived in the store and went our separate ways. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

So I turned off the Ring camera and quietly drove to the corner store to buy a 6-pack after the victory. Didn't wanna wake up the wife. Car pulls up behind me at the store. It's my brother in law who lives in an adjacent hood. We hi fived in the store and went our separate ways. 

This is the way. 

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Let's talk gear. I intentionally didn't buy any new gear this postseason because I'm a superstitous mofo, but now I want all the WS championship shit I can get ahold of. First thing I want is a hoodie. Someone direct me to that. 

https://www.mlbshop.com/texas-rangers/men-hoodies-and-sweatshirts/t-36344556+ga-89+d-0150772390+z-9-158645557

I appreciate any future posts of WS merch. Esp if it's not the stuff on the MLB website. Didn't really see anything I liked on there.

You know what I'm going to do tomorrow? Watch clips from 2011 and 2010. I've never rewatched any of those highlights. But now I will because it can't hurt me anymore.

• immamac unlocked this topic