Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

I’ll never get over ‘11. This is a start. We should be in the mix for the foreseeable future pending Max and deGrom age/health. I know CY will be doing work trying to improve pitching. I would be surprised if we don’t add more big names. I know Kershaw is a guy possibly in play. 
I'm absolutely over it now. This is redemption. This is like the Mavs blowing 2006 and coming back to win in 2011. Fuck 2011 now. The game 6 blunder means zero now. I can now be peace with it as a fan

Since we're sharing anecdotes. 

Baseball wasn't a part of my life growing up. I was raised in the shadow of DKR Memorial with some flashes of Texas basketball here and there. That's really all I knew. I was a quiet, unathletic kid growing up. Unless it was Texas football or basketball I really didn't care. For a long time. 

Then I got taller. I started playing pretty good basketball. I spent more time on the internet. I watched the Rangers make the WS in 2010 and kind of got into it. Then I watched them make it again in 2011 and had my heart ripped out with the rest of you. 

Then I went to school in Dallas and lived there from 2013 - 2019 and fell in love with the game through the Texas Rangers. I listened to Beltre's 3000th hit on the radio. I watched that fuckhead Bautista flip his bat in 2015 or 16? from a bar near SMU. And I just kept following them and loving them. 

A lot of you - if not most of you - deserve this more than I do. My journey hasn't been nearly as long. I haven't experienced nearly as much pain.

But this is my fucking team. It always has been and always will be. I fucking love them like I love Texas. Dare I say I love them like I love the Spurs. 

God FUCKING DAMN WE JUST WON THE FUCKING WORLD SERIES

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Rusty Greer, Kevin Mench, David Delucci, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Marlon Byrd, Kam Loe, Taylor Teagarden, Royce Clayton, Eric Young, Michael Young, Ian Kinsler... fuck I could go on forever. 

Josh Hamilton, Elvis Andrus, Buddy Bell, Jim Sundberg, Kevin Brown, Pete OBrien, CJ Wilson, Colby Lewis, Toby Harrah, Geno Petralli...

Too many over so many years that should be celebrating tonight 

4 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

I’ll never get over ‘11. This is a start. We should be in the mix for the foreseeable future pending Max and deGrom age/health. I know CY will be doing work trying to improve pitching. I would be surprised if we don’t add more big names. I know Kershaw is a guy possibly in play. 

That's a hard pass on Kershaw.

• Like 3

LOL just interviewed the D-Backs manager.

"They didn't win it by a lot"

Dude we fucked your shit up. You got ran out of the fucking series. Give us the Phillies next time we'll give FOX some better ratings. 

Keep bunting guys with 0 outs in the 3rd inning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LOL just interviewed the D-Backs manager.

"They didn't win it by a lot"

Dude we fucked your shit up. You got ran out of the fucking series. Give us the Phillies next time we'll give FOX some better ratings. 

Keep bunting guys with 0 outs in the 3rd inning.

That's funny coming from someone who got gentlemen swept.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I really think that I had a lot to do with the Rangers finally bringing it home.

Yeah you didn't have shit to do with it you didn't watch the team all season then you talked a bunch of unwarranted shit about Max Scherzer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Josh Hamilton, Elvis Andrus, Buddy Bell, Jim Sundberg, Kevin Brown, Pete OBrien, CJ Wilson, Colby Lewis, Toby Harrah, Geno Petralli...

Too many over so many years that should be celebrating tonight 

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Ferguson Jenkins

Gaylord Perry

Richie Zisk

Glad Sundberg got mentioned.

I'll also add my personal favorite: Mike Hargrove.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac unlocked this topic