Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

48 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The real test is if you can watch Game 6 and now say, "yea that was a well hit ball and probably a pretty difficult play for Nelson to make"

Cruz gets the Bill Buckner treatment from our fanbase and really MLB fans in general. On a much harder play than Buckner. It's not like Cruz dropped a can of corn pop up or made a play like Thomas did for Arizona. Freese hit a line shot directly to him where you need to make the perfect read and jump to get that. The ball did everything but get over the fence for a game winning HR. Sure, you absolutely want him to make that play but so much more was in motion of why we lost. And that play didn't allow us to win it in the bottom 9, it didn't actually lose us the game. You expect your closer with a 2 run lead to close it out. Feliz was very shaky that inning.  We immediately went back up 2 the very next inning. So we erased that play. Then Darren Oliver blew it again with one strike away. Then a whole other inning after. Then a whole game 7 after where we jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead and then immediately gave it up the next half inning and bats went ice cold the remaining game.

To point to one singular play of why we lost a whole 7 game series is ignorant. But all that has been erased now. That play means zero. It's just something that happened in our history. No longer defines the Rangers. What now defines us is being world champions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

If you have YouTubeTV in the Austin area (and maybe beyond) the LiveNow Fox channel is showing the FOX4 coverage of the parade. 

Well they were.  They are now showing some press conference but they have the parade in split screen.  Assuming they will go back to it at some point.

9 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Well they were.  They are now showing some press conference but they have the parade in split screen.  Assuming they will go back to it at some point.

I posted the links up thread but Fox 4 and WFAA Chanel 8 are live streaming everything on YouTube.

Here is WFAA:

WFAA is just as bad.

They've dunked on Nellie about 3 times, including some dumb bitch talking about how awful it was when he "bobbled the ball" in Game 6.

Then word for word: "And there's Cody Bradford. BUT I WANNA go back and talk about all of our staff who have done an amazing job and are making this day possible"

Fun to watch it go by and the celebration but painfully obvious the announcers are Ron Burgundy-esque without teleprompters.

• Rage+1 1

WFAA is just as bad.
They've dunked on Nellie about 3 times, including some dumb bitch talking about how awful it was when he "bobbled the ball" in Game 6.
Then word for word: "And there's Cody Bradford. BUT I WANNA go back and talk about all of our staff who have done an amazing job and are making this day possible"
Fun to watch it go by and the celebration but painfully obvious the announcers are Ron Burgundy-esque without teleprompters.

I'm watching it on MLB app, which is the Bally broadcast. They at least follow the team day to day. Mark and David Murphy know the game and the history. Local channel sports talk is so bad. Amateur hour.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:
WFAA is just as bad.

I'm watching it on MLB app, which is the Bally broadcast. They at least follow the team day to day. Mark and David Murphy know the game and the history. Local channel sports talk is so bad. Amateur hour.

I'll switch now back at work. I was driving around at lunch and just grabbed whatever live feed came up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:
WFAA is just as bad.

Yea WFAA and Fox are both ducking terrible with this. They sound like morons 

4 hours ago, idigTexas said:

First game attended was in 1972.  I was 5.  I'd have to post a long cat to list all of my favorite players, but a few from the early years were Lenny Randle, Toby Harrah, Jeff Burroughs, Mike Hargrove, Fergie Jenkins, and Jim Sundberg.  Good times.   

Lenny fucking Randle:

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bullzak said:

Baking in those bleachers for $3.75. 7PM starts at 95 degrees. Farm and Ranch night. Never missing a bat night, which supplied all our neighborhood baseball bats every summer. All that bad baseball but we loved them all the same. 

We went to Bat Night every year.  So loud and so crowded compared to a regular game.  I used one of those bats in a game one time and it broke the first time I hit the ball.

I remember one year on Bat Night, they handed out coupons for free bats instead of an actual bat at the gates and that kinda sucked.  

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

We went to Bat Night every year.  So loud and so crowded compared to a regular game.  I used one of those bats in a game one time and it broke the first time I hit the ball.

I remember one year on Bat Night, they handed out coupons for free bats instead of an actual bat at the gates and that kinda sucked.  

I like to imagine it being one of those Tiny bats they give away sometimes that you used in a game and it broke.