2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Wait, you think Dusty Baker is a good manager?

this roster was garbage April / May. We’re getting a lot out of young arms and bench players. That doesn’t just ‘happen’ 

If you want to see shitty managers, look at the Mets, padres, and Yankees. Jays too, their players haven’t taken the next step, leveled off big time 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros have brought the fans to Arlington. Three consecutive sellouts for the first time in Globe Life Field history.

The Rangers broadcast said today's attendance was a new record for GLF.

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pathetic and sad for a first place team that hosted the Yankees this season. 

that was the previous record.

To be fair, they don't really have any shitheads, and Bochy is almost universally respected.

Of course I am partial to Jung, but I 've also liked Adolis Garcia since he burst upon the scene. Eovaldi is a badass.

Just wish they weren't in our Division now.

1 Position player and 1 pitcher on the AllStar sqaud from the defending World Series Champs.

LOLz.  Astros fatigue is real.

Change some more rules, motherfuckers.

1 Position player and 1 pitcher on the AllStar sqaud from the defending World Series Champs.

LOLz.  Astros fatigue is real.

Change some more rules, motherfuckers.

I agree with the sentiment but even in my most homeristic view I’m honestly not sure who else I’d include. Maton? Dubon? Javier? Chas? Even if we were leading the division I’m not sure those resumes ever get picked.

It’s genuinely remarkable that we are still in the hunt given the individual performances of our players this year.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I agree with the sentiment but even in my most homeristic view I’m honestly not sure who else I’d include. Maton? Dubon? Javier? Chas? Even if we were leading the division I’m not sure those resumes ever get picked.

It’s genuinely remarkable that we are still in the hunt given the individual performances of our players this year.
Tucker is playing at an all-star level and it's pretty crazy he isn't on the roster.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Tuck.

easy.

but yeah, I'm cool with the days off.  Maybe Dusty will count them too.

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What's most annoying to me isn't the fact Tucker, Bregman and Jose Abreu are staying home. It's that none has hit well enough to even be a serious candidate. Tucker's numbers aren't dreadful, but he hasn't stepped up the way I'd hoped in a shiftless year.

To me, Valdez, Pressly, Maton, Dubon and McCormick are why we still have a realistic shot at winning the West. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

33 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

What's most annoying to me isn't the fact Tucker, Bregman and Jose Abreu are staying home. It's that none has hit well enough to even be a serious candidate. Tucker's numbers aren't dreadful, but he hasn't stepped up the way I'd hoped in a shiftless year.

The Office Thank You GIF