2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Rangers broadcasters made the comment on Tucker's single to very shallow left, that Alvarez was a liability on the bases as he trotted to 3rd.

No.  He realized immediately he wasn't trucking on in the home for an easy out.  Windmill had the stop sign up almost immediately.

The comment irked me a little.

Oh well.  The Astros seemed to have weathered the insult.

Edited by slorch

Altuve fucking knows better.

I hate that unnecessary shit.  Fuck, I know he loves the hustle play.  Gotdammit act like you're not at a fucking beer league softball game getting hammered before running to 2nd.

2 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

You are assuming the media actually votes for him with their holier than though attitude when it comes to "cheating" (even though he wasn't an active participant)

If Jose Altuve doesn't go into the baseball HoF, then there shouldn't be one.

Fuck the baseball fart smellers.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

If Jose Altuve doesn't go into the baseball HoF, then there shouldn't be one.

Fuck the baseball fart smellers.

So should players like Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Palmeiro, ARod, etc. Major League baseball was complicit in all the cheating scandals and then tries to throw a select few under the bus

• Hook 'Em 1

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks too soon. There is a lot of time left on the clock, and I fully expect them to score some more runs.

But I believe our bullpen's got this today.  We step up in the big moments.  It comes from being in the crucible of fire that is the World  Series.

Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

So should players like Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Palmeiro, ARod, etc. Major League baseball was complicit in all the cheating scandals and then tries to throw a select few under the bus

Yep. All of them should be in the HOF and what they did should absolutely be mentioned.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hey, all I said was Good Job, Abreu.

Accurate post was accurate

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yep. All of them should be in the HOF and what they did should absolutely be mentioned.

Prove it?

and no, I'm not positing innocence; but some of that shit would be less than solid in a court of law.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

The little guy does get a bit too excited.

He has a monumental amount of credits in the Bank of Astros Fans & Trust.

It still leaves you saying, "Holy shit!!!"  a lot of the time.

Edited by slorch