2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm so pissed we lost this series and the series against the Athletics

With the week that everyone else has had we could have. Ask ally had the division on the bag if we’d have merely won 2 series like expected. If we would have swept them it’d be clinched playoffs and single digit magic number. 
Dumbfucks. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

With the week that everyone else has had we could have. Ask ally had the division on the bag if we’d have merely won 2 series like expected. If we would have swept them it’d be clinched playoffs and single digit magic number. 
Dumbfucks. 

No don't track magic numbers, it's bad juju.

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Will be interesting to see how they handle the rotation with the off day Thursday.

Either way, JV isn’t lined up to pitch in Seattle.

but if they skip someone, they could squeeze in Framber for the last game

as it is, Brown, Javier, France would be in line for that series….

Just talked about this on the pod- almost has to be this way with all logic and reason:

JV, Brown, ????, off, Framber, France, JV. 
that keeps Framber on regular rest as well as allowing you to pitch him against the mariners, and maybe bring him back the last day of the season to tandem with France if its desperation time. 

I’d skip Javier on Wednesday and go with Urquidy, and see if the extra skipped turn did him any good. 

12 games left- if they all matter:

3 starts for JV and Brown

2- Framber, France

2 unknown  

OR- this schedule 

JV/brown/?????/off/framber/France/JV

Brown/?????/Framber/off/JV/Brown/Framber (short rest on last day of season) 

If we win 4 of 5 I might go Brown on Sunday against the royals and save JV for Monday against the M’s  

I wouldn’t have anything written in stone 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just talked about this on the pod- almost has to be this way with all logic and reason:

JV, Brown, ????, off, Framber, France, JV. 
that keeps Framber on regular rest as well as allowing you to pitch him against the mariners, and maybe bring him back the last day of the season to tandem with France if its desperation time. 

I’d skip Javier on Wednesday and go with Urquidy, and see if the extra skipped turn did him any good. 

12 games left- if they all matter:

3 starts for JV and Brown

2- Framber, France

2 unknown  

OR- this schedule 

JV/brown/?????/off/framber/France/JV

Brown/?????/Framber/off/JV/Brown/Framber (short rest on last day of season) 

If we win 4 of 5 I might go Brown on Sunday against the royals and save JV for Monday against the M’s  

I wouldn’t have anything written in stone 

Yeah I was going to add, maybe you just hold JV back and have him open up the series in Seattle and have him lined up to pitch the last game of the regular season on 10/1 in case you still need it to win the division.

If not, let him get 5 innings warm up for the postseason against a D-Backs team who may need that game to get a wild card (with Yanier? One can dream)  which would line him up for game 1 of the LDS on 10/7.

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Okay simulation nerds, how many wins do we need to end this?

Talked about this Also on the podcast- 92 is almost a dead certainty. 91 is really likely. 90 is slightly more than 50/50 chance, 89 would be very unlucky (if you are going to win the division with 89, that’s 5-7 to end you better win at least 2/3 against Seattle). 
90 is almost a guarantee to be in the playoffs. 91 is definitely in the playoffs. 89 I think is likely to be in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Okay simulation nerds, how many wins do we need to end this?

All depends how the 7 between the rangers and Mariners go. Need those 7 to be played 4-3. If one goes 5-2 or 6-1, it’ll be a lot.

but if we can win the O’s series and sweep the royals while rangers and m’s win the their next series (vs Red Sox and A’s, respectively) and M’s win the first 3 game set against rangers at the end of the week, we’ll be sitting pretty with a 3.5 game lead on both with 6 games left going in to Seattle.

• Like 1