2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Dana notes ….

JP stepped up when he didn’t have his beat stuff 

bielak has improved his change up

yordan  Have a better feel after a week. Let him rest up before assessment. Talking two weeks 

brantley swinging in the cage, playing catch and strong. No discomfort or pain 🤞🏽

Lmj no more early next week 

6 man rotation is dead after today. Blanco to BP. blanco stepped up and ate innings

draft coming up, trade deadline two weeks after More time to evaluate draft. Any deal has to be right and make sense. Left hand bat would be exciting, play multiple positions too 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dana notes ….

JP stepped up when he didn’t have his beat stuff 

bielak has improved his change up

yordan  Have a better feel after a week. Let him rest up before assessment. Talking two weeks 

brantley swinging in the cage, playing catch and strong. No discomfort or pain 🤞🏽

Lmj no more early next week 

6 man rotation is dead after today. Blanco to BP. blanco stepped up and ate innings

draft coming up, trade deadline two weeks after More time to evaluate draft. Any deal has to be right and make sense. Left hand bat would be exciting, play multiple positions too 

That last comment… did I hear him close that answer with “someone that can play first would be ideal” or was that just my wishful thinking?

and in LMJ I know your “no” was supposed to be “know” but I’m afraid your actual typing is going to be correct

That’s sparks story was greatness.

I missed the beginning but the gist was meeting Bob Feller when sparks was in the minors and Feller trying to motivate him:

”by the time I was 27, I had won 130 games and served two tours in the wars. What are you doing with your life,son?”

sparks: so what did I do the next time out?

gave up 7 earned in an inning and a third

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

We just have to accept the fact that he views a game on June 11 much differently than we do.

We should have just stayed in the hotel this morning and forfeited.  Everyone would have got some extra z's and no one would have gotten hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Is there anyone in the organization or in the dugout who will tell Dusty Baker a lineup like today's is unacceptable?

It doesn’t appear so, and that’s an enormous problem. If he only answers to Crane, and Crane is good with it…

Put it this way - would Jeff Lunhow be cool with this? 

This team has 5 stars, two are injured, one apparently doesn't give a fuck, the 4th is finally waking up from a 2-month coma, and the last one is still learning how to hit,

This team has 3 guys over 35 that have no place on the team that is contending for a WS title.

This team has 2 guys that couldn't play for the Oakland A's.

The rest is made of 2 guys that produce when given the chance but the manager doesn't want to play them and 2 guys that are likely AAAA guys that can't throw worth a shit as OFs.

The starting pitching for the most part is fine even with McCullers, Garica, and Urquidy out. The bullpen is a mess and is mismanaged. I am not sure what the team should do because the manager has too much power in the organization and the owner has gotten a big head and trusted the wrong people. Even if Brown made trades to try to upgrade this mess, it's doubtful Dusty would play them just like last year when he hardly played Mancini or Vazquez.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This team has 5 stars, two are injured, one apparently doesn't give a fuck, the 4th is finally waking up from a 2-month coma, and the last one is still learning how to hit,

This team has 3 guys over 35 that have no place on the team that is contending for a WS title.

This team has 2 guys that couldn't play for the Oakland A's.

The rest is made of 2 guys that produce when given the chance but the manager doesn't want to play them and 2 guys that are likely AAAA guys that can't throw worth a shit as OFs.

The starting pitching for the most part is fine even with McCullers, Garica, and Urquidy out. The bullpen is a mess and is mismanaged. I am not sure what the team should do because the manager has too much power in the organization and the owner has gotten a big head and trusted the wrong people. Even if Brown made trades to try to upgrade this mess, it's doubtful Dusty would play them just like last year when he hardly played Mancini or Vazquez.

I am probably going to kick myself here but, Abreu, Maldonado and who? 

• Haha 1