2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I feel like there are 12 year olds that play MLB The Show that can manage a team better than Dusty

Our Vets could have player coached us to the couple World Series during Dusty’s tenure. He was hired as a stop gap and it’s lasted 3 years too long. Shoulda been one and done.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Don’t pinch hit with 3 catchers and Diaz on the bench but do it with two catchers and Diaz at DH. Unbelievable. 

18 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And now we have no DH

We're not going to get back to that spot anyway

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

If we do get to the 9 spot with 2 outs and the tying runs on base, will Dusty pinch hit with Altuve, Meyers, or Kessinger?

The world will never know.

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:
11 minutes ago, WBT said:
We're not going to get back to that spot anyway

Yeah and even if we do who cares....people complaining about nothing. Its called more PH's

Yeah, do you want him to let Maldy hit?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Scraps said:
18 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:
There's our money well spent. Those unclutch outs aren't cheap you know. 

Nobody on this team is clutch except big swinging dick Yordan

this roster sucks. Pitching has held us up, the slightest dip and we’re toast

if We go into sell mode, we have valuable pieces 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

this roster sucks. Pitching has held us up, the slightest dip and we’re toast

if We go into sell mode, we have valuable pieces 

And I'm near the point of just saying fuck it. Sell, sell, sell. Build up again for next year. 

Tonight guaranteed a losing month.  Team completely lost its mojo with Yordan going down, and has felt low energy since the Garcia injury.   Not giving up on the season yet.  There’s a lot of ball left to play, but Dusty and the front office have to stop managing for October now.   That luxury is gone.  

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is there any chance of that happening?

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

No because that would be dumb.  

I think it depends on what things look like in a month from now when we're days away from the trade deadline. 

41 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Tonight guaranteed a losing month.  Team completely lost its mojo with Yordan going down, and has felt low energy since the Garcia injury.   Not giving up on the season yet.  There’s a lot of ball left to play, but Dusty and the front office have to stop managing for October now.   That luxury is gone.  

Rangers will shit the bed at some point. Hopefully we have a good few weeks when that happens. Angels are the Angels. But no doubt, at BEST we are sweating out a division title or wild card in September. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

Rangers will shit the bed at some point. Hopefully we have a good few weeks when that happens. Angels are the Angels. But no doubt, at BEST we are sweating out a division title or wild card in September. 

The problem is they've been shitting the bed this month as well and we've wasted that opportunity and allowed them to increase their division lead. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

We've been bit hard by the injury bug this season.  Altuve, Yordan missing significant time; Brantley missing all the time.  Bregman and Abreu underperforming.  Montero turning into a pumpkin after he got his money.  Losing two starting pitchers (three if you count McCullers)...  We are probably exactly where we should be given all of that.  With Urquidy, Altuve, Yordan and Brantley back, I think we're a contending team.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Dana didn’t sound optimistic about any outside help arriving anytime soon. Nothing available at the moment. Boys need to step game up. 

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/sean-salisbury/content/2023-06-28-dana-brown-on-trade-market-scarcity-no-one-is-untouchable-division-chase

very good listen, Dana brown 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Dana didn’t sound optimistic about any outside help arriving anytime soon. Nothing available at the moment. Boys need to step game up. 

Other teams have asked about our top prospects, some are very unreasonable 

the ‘shelves’ are bare and what’s there, the asking price is high. Lot of teams still in it 

Question - will Yordan and brantley be in the line up every day ?

brown - nope. Season is a marathon. Get healthy and then chip away at the rangers lead. We don’t need guys out of gas in sept. Braves were down 10 games and ran down the Mets. Don’t panic

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Question - will Yordan and brantley be in the line up every day ?

brown - nope. Season is a marathon. Get healthy and then chip away at the rangers lead. We don’t need guys out of gas in sept. Braves were down 10 games and ran down the Mets. Don’t panic

His experience with the Braves in 2021 will probably frustrate a lot of fans.

Edited by David Dennison

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It is hard for me to take Brown seriously though when he keeps pimpin Brantley non stop.

I predicted last July that Brantley was done playing MLB period.  Hope I'm wrong.  It was 12M well spent for sure though.  Who could have seen this coming.  Again, hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Won't be the last. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

His experience with the Braves in 2021 will probably frustrate a lot of fans.

IF he thinks that's getting duplicated again it will probably frustrate him.  That kind of shit is historic for a reason and counting on that to happen, quite frankly, is stupid.  

I choose, for my own sanity, not to believe he means the things he says that are stupid are actually his opinion, he's just throwing it out there as fan service.  Hope I'm correct on that. 

We've been bit hard by the injury bug this season.  Altuve, Yordan missing significant time; Brantley missing all the time.  Bregman and Abreu underperforming.  Montero turning into a pumpkin after he got his money.  Losing two starting pitchers (three if you count McCullers)...  We are probably exactly where we should be given all of that.  With Urquidy, Altuve, Yordan and Brantley back, I think we're a contending team.

Right . And if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.