2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

anyone else having major issues with the At Bat app pbp?

It was horrible tonight.

and that’s on top of pretty shitty all year. I hate it cutting to commercials mid sentence by ford/sparks at the end of every inning, the same 4 shitty commercials every commercial break, and most of all, being 4-5 pitches behind the actual real action. 

in short, fuck audacy 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

It was horrible tonight.

and that’s on top of pretty shitty all year. I hate it cutting to commercials mid sentence by ford/sparks at the end of every inning, the same 4 shitty commercials every commercial break, and most of all, being 4-5 pitches behind the actual real action. 

in short, fuck audacy 

Those fucking Challenger School commercials make me want to join ISIS

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Those fucking Challenger School commercials make me want to join ISIS

Nope. Don’t get those.

mine are about kid’s mental health.

I guess it’s telling me I’m a terrible parent and my kids need help. 

well, so do I for keeping up hope as long as Dusty is manager 

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, HtownHorn said:

Yep. Though with Beer in the pipeline, I have a little more leanings towards Alvarez. I would also only make that deal if I strike out with Grandal.

In honor of him negging all my posts I thought I would bring up this classic. He would have rather kept Bukauskas and Beer over Alvarez.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

49 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

That was much needed. Phew. Let’s win the series tomorrow. 

Javier (among others) really needs to figure his shit out. He’s been awful the past month +

Yeah- it’s a problem and has been all year. We’ve been talking about his plummeting k rate and swing and miss rate since the 3rd week of the season, even when his other numbers were good (era) his peripherals were flashing warning signs. 
no idea why it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OK, I confess, I checked out last night and didn't see the comeback. It had been a crazy busy day and I just was getting upset and not enjoying the game. Baseball, even when your team loses, is supposed to be fun. It wasn't for me so I switched it off. I rarely turn off a game, and never leave a game early, but sometimes you just gotta take a break. Glad to see they came back and got a nice win. As said above, just hang close and make a run. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- it’s a problem and has been all year. We’ve been talking about his plummeting k rate and swing and miss rate since the 3rd week of the season, even when his other numbers were good (era) his peripherals were flashing warning signs. 
no idea why it is. 

There was an article recently talking about how his fastball speed is down, arm slot has changed, and his fastball isn't staying as flat aka dropping more like hitters expect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, rvm96 said:

In honor of him negging all my posts I thought I would bring up this classic. He would have rather kept Bukauskas and Beer over Alvarez.

Alvarez as in big swinging dick Yordan?  This cannot be right because no one would've been that fucking stupid....or would they

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

There was an article recently talking about how his fastball speed is down, arm slot has changed, and his fastball isn't staying as flat aka dropping more like hitters expect.

Control is poor also.  He can't consistently stay just above the top of the zone with his fastball.  That's where he gets a ton of swings and misses.

10 hours ago, rvm96 said:

The deal was for the best catcher in baseball. Realmuto 15.8 WAR since 2019, and Yordan is at 15.6.

What a pathetic little bitch you are. Enjoy the neg bombs, because when I do it the Astros win.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

The Fastball speed down has been discussed, not sure about arm slot will have to look at that and really watch it.  He's sort of at the age where the fastball starts to start losing a tick or two so hopefully that's not all the problem is and it's something mechanical.  Lots of times mechanical covers or is brought about by an arm issue. That would also suck. 

It's a problem whatever is the cause. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The Fastball speed down has been discussed, not sure about arm slot will have to look at that and really watch it.  He's sort of at the age where the fastball starts to start losing a tick or two so hopefully that's not all the problem is and it's something mechanical.  Lots of times mechanical covers or is brought about by an arm issue. That would also suck. 

It's a problem whatever is the cause. 

The last time I saw a guy get shelled like that in back to back starts…..he threw a perfect game the next time out 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The deal was for the best catcher in baseball. Realmuto 15.8 WAR since 2019, and Yordan is at 15.6.

What a pathetic little bitch you are. Enjoy the neg bombs, because when I do it the Astros win.

At least I'm not the little bitch that takes the time to neg every post. Also pretty impressive Realmuto is only up .2 WAR.

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Control is poor also.  He can't consistently stay just above the top of the zone with his fastball.  That's where he gets a ton of swings and misses.

that first hr was a high pitch that never moved, meatball sub 

he needs to skip a start imo, BP session / work 

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

OK, I confess, I checked out last night and didn't see the comeback. It had been a crazy busy day and I just was getting upset and not enjoying the game. Baseball, even when your team loses, is supposed to be fun. It wasn't for me so I switched it off. I rarely turn off a game, and never leave a game early, but sometimes you just gotta take a break. Glad to see they came back and got a nice win. As said above, just hang close and make a run. 

angry marlon brando GIF

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I didn't turn this one off but was close.  My neighbors probably think I have a relationship like Beard with the way I yell at the tv.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Hornsbay22 said:

I didn't turn this one off but was close.  My neighbors probably think I have a relationship like Beard with the way I yell at the tv.   

I’ve been doing a lot of yard work in the backyard this week in the evenings. I can only imagine what my neighbors think. 
I’m sure it’s somewhere between wanting to call the cops for a welfare check, hoping I’m taking some kind of meds, or hoping it’s Tourette’s that stays under control. (“TUCKERRR!!!”)