2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Question - will Yordan and brantley be in the line up every day ?

brown - nope. Season is a marathon. Get healthy and then chip away at the rangers lead. We don’t need guys out of gas in sept. Braves were down 10 games and ran down the Mets. Don’t panic

The problem is the Braves went out and traded for a brand new OF at the deadline because of all the injuries and their manager played them. Brown could do something similar but Dusty Baker would still play the same fucking shitty players he has now.

• Rage+1 1

They just have to get in which I still feel comfortable they’ll do. Everyone already knows the postseason is basically a coin flip.

Even as the 6 seed is fine, in fact probably preferred if you aren’t going to catch the rangers.

6 seed plays the shitty twins (or other shitty AL central champ) in a best 2 of 3.

then you get the rangers in a best of 5.

then the rays (or AL East wild card).

A lot of similarities to 2020 when we were stuck in neutral for the entire (albeit shortened) season and ended up 1 win away from the World Series.

• Hook 'Em 1

Madris and Singelton and the OF we had last year in Sugarland that hit like 28 bombs, and players like them, are all the same after they’ve reached a certain age and shown what they are as a player. Tarzan in AAA and Jane in the show. To keep recycling them is a waste of time and space. 

That being said I hope he proves me wrong and hits 3 home runs tonight. Or even a soft flare over second. Anything. I’ll take that L. 

Why in the fuck to mid 20s players like Chas and Julks ever need a single day off?

Every single Astros "fan" that defends Dusty in this is being a dumbass.  

Bligh should be a guy brought in after you've had 3 injuries in a game.  It's inexcusable that Dusty ever starts him over Julks, much lest Chas.  

Same goes for Martin over Diaz.  You are in a "something big is going to have to go right" season and you are wasting Diaz's development behind the plate.  

• Hook 'Em 3