2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, kevwun said:

Glad they burned this guy in the 5th inning.

he (paddock) was a good sp not that long ago.  joe ryan was a great sp during the 1h of this season.  they even mentioned how the majority of his runs/homers given up were in the first couple innings, like most good sp.

we had a million conversations about roberts having his sp go 4 and then needing 5 guys to each be perfect every single game, and how hard that is.  we'll see how itchy his trigger finger gets the rest of the game.

as for urquidy and going 7, well yeah waino, that would be marvelous.  i'll take 5-6.  we're gonna need more runs.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I told y’all Abreu was fixed back in late August. 
it’s pretty much the entire year explained by injury. He might get hurt again but he’s not washed. 

I still don't think he handles high or low inside fastballs (95+) very well. I don't really understand why teams throw him hittable offspeed pitches or outside fastballs

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I still don't think he handles high or low inside fastballs (95+) very well. I don't really understand why teams throw him hittable offspeed pitches or outside fastballs

throwing abreu outside fastballs is like pitching tucker inside.  just why would you do that to yourself? 

chas also enjoys a good outside fastball.  altuve just enjoys fastballs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

He’s not the guy he was when he won an mvp. He’s still plenty good enough to be a huge plus as the 7th or 8th best hitter in our lineup next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

As long as he is cruising, let him go. We have everyone available today except Javier.

His leash hasn’t gotten any shorter. Someone will be up as soon as someone gets on but yeah, enjoy it while you can

Had that Jeffers 0-2 liner been two inches to the left, he probably wouldn’t still be in this game. 
I don’t understand why he’s so bad in 0-2, 1-2 counts 

On 8/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, HtownHorn said:

Singleton gets the call when they finally figure out what a few of us knew in February, Michael Brantley is not playing in the majors again.

For fun after Brantley's homerun, when in doubt bet the opposite of what Htownhorn says.