What, Me Worry?

gofuckyourself

I remember reading a letter to the editor in MAD, where they were complaining about something and ended it with "dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb."

The response was "Thank you for your letter, but why did you end it with the theme from Dragnet?" 

For some reason I thought that was hilarious.

2 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Mad and then National Lampoon helped make me the dumb/smart ass I am today! Cracked was a very distant 3rd.

I was wracking my brain to remember what the other magazine was.

Remember this: The man who thinks for himself smokes Vicejoy cigarettes because everyone else does.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Loved Mad because every artist had their own style, you knew who it was immediately - Jack Davis, Al Jaffe, Dave Berg, Sergio Aragones, Don Martin.  

The little Sergio drawings in the margins were always great little doodles you stumbled across on second and third read throughs. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Loved Spy versus Spy

spacer.png

7 hours ago, huge said:

What's that anyway?

It was a red letter day at camp when you got a care package that included a MAD Magazine.

My first year at summer camp, I was sick for most of it, and ended up basically living inside some Spy vs Spy collections the nurse's station had.