Skinwalker Ranch, Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, Ghost Hunters, etc. thread of speculation .

GoPokes83

I turned on the TV and the History Channel was on. The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch came on, I’d never seen it. According to the show there’s a ranch somewhere in Utah which have had unexplained happenings doing on since “ancient times” and these dudes are using all kinds of high tech gadgetry to get to the bottom of these shenanigans. Apparently it’s all confined to this one guy’s 500 acre property, because they’re not looking for any of the “anomalies” outside the fence lines. I don’t know what the big dealio is as after watching one episode and I was able to figure out the secret to the ranch. f7c72cd0b1fbf21b4575adde1c8aea55.jpg
Any of you cats have a favorite show?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Apparently it’s all confined to this one guy’s 500 acre property,

No - it isn't. There's plenty of similar reports from surrounding areas.

It seems like a pretty bizarre place, but if you aren't into paranormal stuff then yeah I guess it's all bullshit. 

I watched some of that show and thought it was okay. I think there's been some new episodes since then. 

Ancient Aliens can be a fun watch but man those dweebs get carried away sometimes. Any time they're looking at a cave painting or statue and they're like "and you can clearly see it's depicting astronaut from another galaxy" I'm like

Sure Jan GIF

Ghost Hunters has to be the stupidest fucking show ever. I guess it's entertaining in that it's comedic how goofy those people are.

Skinwalker Ranch is crazy and the story of it going back to the Utes and Navajo is wild. Robert Bigelow owned it for years and it was a DoD contractor secret compound. The current owner bought it from Bigelow and started the show. Travis Taylor is a nasa rocket physicist that brings a lot cred to these shows.

The various phenomena they have showed with all these experiments are either strange things or really well done special effects.

The Bigfoot ones are all very bad. Most of the ghosts ones are fairly lame.

The funniest of all these is Mountain Monsters which are West Virginia hillbillies that run around in the Appalachian woods chasing all kinds of goofball monsters they never see or catch.

No - it isn't. There's plenty of similar reports from surrounding areas.
It seems like a pretty bizarre place, but if you aren't into paranormal stuff then yeah I guess it's all bullshit. 
I watched some of that show and thought it was okay. I think there's been some new episodes since then. 
Ancient Aliens can be a fun watch but man those dweebs get carried away sometimes. Any time they're looking at a cave painting or statue and they're like "and you can clearly see it's depicting astronaut from another galaxy" I'm like
200.gif
Ghost Hunters has to be the stupidest fucking show ever. I guess it's entertaining in that it's comedic how goofy those people are.

CSB… I grew up in a house that was legit haunted,(story for another time) so I believe in some of the paranormal. And I’m legitimately very impressed that this guy’s figured out a way to monetize this 500 acre ranch out in BFW Utah that doesn’t look like it has the vegetation to sustain 20 head of cattle! I’ve just seen the one episode, and in the opening spiel they mention ghosts, aliens, and monstrous creatures. Seems a bit much. But they use what appears to be millions of dollars in equipment out looking for whatever. That was one nice helicopter they were sporting around in in the episode I saw!

CSB… I grew up in a house that was legit haunted,(story for another time) so I believe in some of the paranormal. And I’m legitimately very impressed that this guy’s figured out a way to monetize this 500 acre ranch out in BFW Utah that doesn’t look like it has the vegetation to sustain 20 head of cattle! I’ve just seen the one episode, and in the opening spiel they mention ghosts, aliens, and monstrous creatures. Seems a bit much. But they use what appears to be millions of dollars in equipment out looking for whatever. That was one nice helicopter they were sporting around in in the episode I saw!

I suggest you do some research on Skinwalker Ranch and then give the show a few more episodes. It gets better as Travis gets more involved. It’s the best of these type shows and it chases some crazy stuff. Huge EMF bursts, weird shit in the sky, different force fields, the government connection it is either a very well done hoax or there’s something going on.

I too have some weird experiences with “ghosts”. My fraternity house had a couple of haints that manifested in a lot of ways, I’ve seen weird shit at Shiloh battlefield, and had a strange night at the Coronado hotel in San Diego. I think Paranormal State and Kindred Spirits are the least cheesy. Dead Files, Ghost Brothers, and Celebrity Ghost Stories the worst.
  • Hook 'Em 1

These faked paranormal shows must pull great ratings and be fairly cheap to produce. There's a reason they keep pulling show after show out of their ass with no evidence that has even been properly scientifically evaluated. 

On 4/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Ted Lange said:

I’ve been watching Curse of Oak island for a decade.  DECADE.  I hate myself sometimes. 

That's a slow ass curse. I watched part of the first season. Was pretty telling they blame the accidents that killed several people back in the 40s or 50s or whenever on a curse instead of a bunch of goobers with little to no experience excavating wells going out and acting like treasure hunters. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

My favorite part of the Skinwalkwr Ranch show is that several times they have launched rockets into the air, then cut to one of the cast letting everyone know that the cows are acting strange. "Something has them spooked. What could it be?"

Oh, I don't know, the rocket launching? 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

A show called Hunting Hitler is on the History Channel. Guy has a team trying to prove Adolph escaped to South America during the war. I’m pretty sure the Rooski’s gave up his jawbone for testing after the Soviet collapse that they’d picked up in 45 from the spot the SS burned his corpse.

Yeah I don't believe that theory but it's one of the more interesting ones. Also one that you can accidentally learn a lot about history from getting into. 

I just don't see how they would have gotten anybody past allied lines that late in '45. Let alone all the way across the Atlantic.

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Eichmann, Mengele, and quite a number of others managed it, but I would think if Hitler had too that the Israelis would have sniffed him out as well

I'm aware - but Hitler was in Berlin until very late into the war. It looks like Mengele, for example, bailed from Auschwitz in January and was basically on the run or in hiding from then until 1949.

Like I said - it's a fun conspiracy. I just find it fairly unlikely he escaped. 

Yeah I don't believe that theory but it's one of the more interesting ones. Also one that you can accidentally learn a lot about history from getting into. 
I just don't see how they would have gotten anybody past allied lines that late in '45. Let alone all the way across the Atlantic.

The Hitler aspect was dumb, but they did explain how a ton of Nazzzi’s escaped to South America.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

and God bless him for it. Guy is getting paid good money to have fun.

Sure, but he pushes that neo-colonial bullshit fantasy of what archeology is, along with pseudo-science. He does the real deal a disservice. I rather watch a show that follows the people he teams up with doing their actual work and leave him out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Josh is great. We binge watched it during covid lockdown.  We have a running gag about him never finding anything. 

Golden bell of the Mekong?  Nope. 

Yeti?  Nope.

Yamamoto's treasure? Nope. 

On and on. He's funny though. His ex-wife switched teams and is some kind of emotional support coach in LA or something. Dude definitely gets around. 

ETA: For real archaeology check out Time Team from Britain. They get a lot done in 3 days. 

Edited by DoobieWah
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sure, but he pushes that neo-colonial bullshit fantasy of what archeology is, along with pseudo-science. He does the real deal a disservice. I rather watch a show that follows the people he teams up with doing their actual work and leave him out of it. 

Don’t get your hate on Josh. “Neo-colonial bullshit?” I don’t see him looting pyramids and stripping ancient indigenous sites. He tells stories, is entertaining, and brings a lot of eyeballs to historical things. He brings a lot of money to various digs who know “no Buck Rogers, no bucks.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 8:39 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Don’t get your hate on Josh. “Neo-colonial bullshit?” I don’t see him looting pyramids and stripping ancient indigenous sites. He tells stories, is entertaining, and brings a lot of eyeballs to historical things. He brings a lot of money to various digs who know “no Buck Rogers, no bucks.”

He promotes that early 20th century fantasy of what archeology is, and does the field no real favors, IMO.

The episode where he gets on a camel to ride from Cairo to the Great Pyramids. Fucking please. You can almost hit them with a rock from Cairo. 

0gxpou2q20hz.jpg

Edited by Deej

Josh is great. We binge watched it during covid lockdown.  We have a running gag about him never finding anything. 
Golden bell of the Mekong?  Nope. 
Yeti?  Nope.
Yamamoto's treasure? Nope. 
On and on. He's funny though. His ex-wife switched teams and is some kind of emotional support coach in LA or something. Dude definitely gets around. 

ETA: For real archaeology check out Time Team from Britain. They get a lot done in 3 days. 

I thought Yashmita’s was found?

He promotes that early 20th century fantasy of what archeology is, and does the field no real favors, IMO.
The episode where he gets on a camel to ride from Cairo to the Great Pyramids. Fucking please. You can almost hit them with a rock from Cairo. 

0gxpou2q20hz.thumb.jpg.85a8002208f2e3c085a8d7bb704180fc.jpg

Oh well. It’s an entertainment show. He’s a dual major in drama. I don’t have an issue with his Indiana Jones wardrobe or his comic relief.

I think you’re really overthinking it. This is a thread about entertainment shows mostly on a “history” network that was built on JFK conspiracy and Hitler had one ball shows. We have a “archeology/treasure” show with a pair of brothers who are sinking an island by punching holes in it. A show where every ancient artifact is attributed to alien overlords. It’s all show bizness . Just flip to the Smithsonian Channel and you can watch a guy dust a lump of mud with a brush for a hour if you don’t like it.