2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

12 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

This is great and all, but I kinda hope we get the Stanford TE. I don't want the 'Horns to be the team that won an NC with a bunch a Bama defectors.

I mean... I'll take the NC either way and cheer. Just stating a preference. 

...why would that matter? Defectors are defectors

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

...why would that matter? Defectors are defectors

First, I will celebrate any NC victory as much as I did in Jan 2006. It wouldn't be a terrible thing to win with 10 starters from last year's Bama team.

But I guess it might feel like we are winning on the back of another staff's development.

The new rules are the rules though. And if we can play a year with an all-senior all-star team, let's fucking do it.

Edited by LonghornBreeder
Spelling is as hard as winning

2 minutes ago, PapiShark said:

Stanford TE, Niblack, who cares? Both really good options. I'd happily take both cause fuck the numbers.

I was going to make fun of people from a state with as many Czech last names as Texas has fumbling an easy Polish name like "Yurosek," but then I discovered that Ben is a direct descendent of the inventor of baby carrots:

https://gostanford.com/sports/football/roster/benjamin-yurosek/20267

https://www.bradycarlson.com/mike-yurosek-the-founding-father-of-baby-carrots-cool-weird-awesome-854/

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

This is great and all, but I kinda hope we get the Stanford TE. I don't want the 'Horns to be the team that won an NC with a bunch a Bama defectors.

Every team in the nation is hoping for Bama fallouts to end up on their teams.  Fuck that.  If they’re looking for better situations and Texas is the destination and we win.  It’s not some asterisk win…it’s literally what every other team is striving for.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hey man, you do you. Worry about style points all you like. As for me and others? I’ll murder most of the idiots on this board for a natty at Texas, happily you being first in line.  I don’t give one fuck how it happens short of Baylor/Mich State/Penn State shit. Thanks. 

fify

Just fucking with you. Sweet dreams prince ❤️

40 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I would actually take extra satisfaction winning with a bunch of Bama deflectors after all the kids they've bought from Texas over the past 15 years. It would be more effective Don't Mess with Texas advertising than the old Stevie Ray Vaughn ad. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I hope Sark can come up some sick ass plays to involve all these playmakers. Need a Holgorsen type dude to dial up some exotic plays. Empty set, line up Arch wide, pitch to a Wideout, but don’t run the end around, stop throw to Arch then Manning launches a double pass to a wide open Bond for a 75 yd touchdown. 1st play of the Michigan game.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

I hope Sark can come up some sick ass plays to involve all these playmakers. Need a Holgorsen type dude to dial up some exotic plays. Empty set, line up Arch wide, pitch to a Wideout, but don’t run the end around, stop throw to Arch then Manning launches a double pass to a wide open Bond for a 75 yd touchdown. 1st play of the Michigan game.

I'd prefer we just kick everyone's ass so backups are playing most of the 2nd half. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

The Annexation of Puerto Rico….that’s what it’s called right 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

I've been pretty happy with Sark's willingness to do fun shit to get playmakers involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I've been pretty happy with Sark's willingness to do fun shit to get playmakers involved. 

I think we’re going to see some wild shit next year with the speed we have. It’s crazy that Johntay may be the slowest receiver 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

I learned in school that correlation does not equal causation. However, an argument can be made to the contrary for what happened after the '09 NC with respect to Texas and Alabama and the trajectory of each program. 

So while I try to learn and not hold on to grudges the older I get, this is one I remain petty on.

Fuck bama.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, NoName said:

i'm very, very high on Jon Sumrall, the guy they just got from Troy.

i'm also rather low on Dykes, in general.

Me too (re: Dykes)

I tried telling everyone that his getting to the NC Game was pure luck and he won't ever sniff that again. He's a below average coach, just like his record has shown his entire career, but some people were shitting themselves saying this is now the norm and wanted to argue. Like, wtf are you people smoking out of your glass pipes? (Not you, others). He took Patterson's upperclassmen and made a historic run (which is cool), but now he's back to where he's always been. 

12 hours ago, Yesh said:

Our transfer in avg is incredibly high. I am gruntled. We have the highest by a mile of that list so far. Let's hope we had Niblack to replace Sanders. Dude would get his best chance to showcase his talents, Quinn would make sure of that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

God damn Sark's recruiting on offense is absolutely disgusting. Choice + Sark is unfair. Now if he can just get his ass in gear and just hire a DL coach so we can keep Robinson (who I think will be a great one) and we'll be set. Would absolutely be thrilled if we land the Bama TE, Niblack. 

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Or maybe Sark starts to rotate more and we have fresh players in?  We can hope atleast, if he keeps it like he has been definitely losing some guys.  

Is it not possible that we're reversing cause and effect. 

Instead of more receivers maybe making Sark substitute more, maybe it's the lack of faith in the current bench of receivers that caused Sark to keep the same guys on the field. If it's the second, then Sark likely will keep guys fresh so that the long pass receivers are always crisp.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.