2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

53 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

All 9.95ers have said the younger brother played a big role in him choosing TCU. I bet this puts them over the top. The younger brother will never even play with his brother at ou 

He was committed to Cal forever in HS, TCU swooped in with a pretty solid bag right before signing day.  Made a diff for his family so all good but it didn’t have much to do with his little brother

• Like 1

Damonic Williams Update: Sunday

TCU transfer defensive lineman Damonic Williams has one visit remaining prior to an announcement May 1st (Wednesday) or the 2nd (Thursday). 

Williams will visit LSU Monday and Tuesday to wrap up the portal recruiting process. 

Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri have already received visits. 

OnTexasFootball has heard nothing new in terms of where things are currently at headed into the LSU visit ... Texas likely ahead of Oklahoma right now. 

-Gerry

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Stating the obvious here, but Williams is a must get. I could see Collins or Broughton breaking out, but we’re going to need a second dude. 

Collins probably will. Broughton probably won't.

53 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Stating the obvious here, but Williams is a must get. I could see Collins or Broughton breaking out, but we’re going to need a second dude. 

Do the two Arizona guys = one dude?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They’re nice depth pieces certainly. I don’t think either will make an all conference team. 

The first one might.  The second one is in case we have multiple season ending injuries and we need a large human with experience.

How much stock do we place in PFF grades? How many would Sark take assuming he could have his way?

Damonic Williams - 69.4,  33 tackles, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 QBH

Bill Norton - 73.4, 32 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 3 PBU, 2 forced fumbles, 5 QBH

Tiaoalii Savea - 68.5, 22 tackles, 6 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 3 QBH (Savea graded higher, 86.2 and 86.9, as a run defender against Wash St and OUsux, respectively.)

Little word on these two below (Michigan State) so far other than Texas is looking to schedule a visit (Getafix's post #11942 in this thread) this week with Simeon Barrow. According to SI.com - LSU Country, he wants to decide by Thursday or Friday.

Spoiler

Here's the latest on LSU's Transfer Portal Targets:

The Visitor: Simeon Barrow Jr.

Brian Kelly and Co. brought in coveted defensive line transfer Simeon Barrow Jr. for an official visit to Baton Rouge from Sunday night to Tuesday afternoon.

Now, the No. 2 uncommitted defensive lineman in the NCAA Transfer Portal is continuing his portal process with a pair of visits locked in.

Barrow, the top target on LSU's Transfer Portal Big Board, spent three days in Death Valley meeting with defensive line coach Bo Davis and the staff, but what's next?

The LSU Visit Recap

Barrow arrived in Baton Rouge last Sunday night to kick off his visit with LSU. The trip down South marked his first visit since entering the portal with Kelly and Co. getting the first crack at the No. 1 portal defensive lineman.

It gave Barrow an opportunity to soak in the scenes of Death Valley and get a taste for how the staff would utilize his skill set. With Davis leading the recruiting push, it made Barrow feel at home and talk business.

"[Bo Davis] pitched to me that he can help develop me to the player I want to be and help me get to where I want to be which is the NFL," Barrow told LSU Country.

Barrow spent four seasons with Michigan State, and now in search of a new home for his final season of eligibility, he'll be wined and dined during his transfer process with LSU getting in the mix early.

He tallied 34 games played with 30 starts, totaling 110 career tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, and 10.5 sacks, two blocked field goals, one pass break-up, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.

When it comes to Baton Rouge, it was a place he enjoyed with the environment and food standing out most.

"It was a great environment. I loved the food and the coaching staff," Barrow said.

Now, LSU will remain in pursuit of the prized transfer as he begins the next steps in his Transfer Portal process.

The Next Two Visits: Miami and Missouri

Barrow left Baton Rouge and then spent the next few days on the road once again. He hopped on a flight and took a trip to Missouri before another trip to Miami on Monday, he tells LSU Country.

With officials to LSU, Miami and Missouri, it may not stop there with a fourth visit "up in the air" at the moment.

For now, sources feel this will be an LSU vs. Miami race. The goal was clear for the Tigers: Lock this one up before he departs Baton Rouge. Now, he's set to take a trip to Miami in the coming days.

It's evident the defensive tackle price tag is high right now with several programs putting their foot on the gas to lock down the trenches with NIL becoming a major factor.

LSU will be battling it out against a few heavy hitters over the next few weeks as they navigate the Transfer Portal.

The Commitment Timeline

Barrow has intentions of shutting down his recruitment by the end of next week with a commitment looking to be on Thursday or Friday, he tells LSU Country.

Simeon Barrow Jr. - 72.2, 36 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks

Derrick Harmon - 78.4, 40 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks

54 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

41.6 avg seems low but after looking at Sanborn prior to Texas his best was 41.7

Some of requires context.  Cherry picking some of his lowest output games.

@ NIU (36.5 avg): 44 (downed at 2), 28 (shank?), 30 (downed at 9), 44
@BGSU (31.0 avg): 40, 22 (bad punt)
@EMU (37.3 avg): 49, 38, 29 (short kick), 33 (oob at opp 19)

2 "bad kicks" and 2 "inside the 20" contributed to the above.

In 7 games he had some 50+ yard punts.  In 4 of those, he had some 60+ yard punts.

Oh, and he's Australian.  

Perhaps he’ll stay in Indiana and mosey on over to South Bend. Looks like the ND punter has yet to declare a destination. Not sure why a guy portals from Notre Dame, he’ll have plenty of exposure. Irish $9.95 board I just checked out claims he had some consistency issues (don’t many punters?), but was expected to be the guy. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

There is ways around that according to Bobby when he was talking about other recruits.

Really? Bobby was the person who was mentioning that as a hurdle the most.

When did he report there were ways around it?

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

Really? Bobby was the person who was mentioning that as a hurdle the most.

When did he report there were ways around it?

It was one or two of the potential transfers we were after in December. He initially said that but apparently got info that he did an about face on that point.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves