2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

I think regardless of current polling, Klobuchar has a better shot of beating Trump than Biden.  Said it months and months back - wouldn't be the more left/more progressive ticket that many want but Klobeto would be a great heal the nation ticket.  Texas/Midwest with tons of humor and likability.

15 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

The nature of her "dirt" is that she was super demanding of her staff?

Highest staff turnover in the Senate from 2001-2016. Threw a binder at a staffer and hit him/her. At least 3 people have refused to lead her campaign specifically because of how she treats people. Sends late-night e-mails insulting staffer work and CC'ing unrelated people just to make the humiliation more public. Makes staffers run personal errands for her. Put tardy slips on staffers' desks. Screams at staffers when her iPad isn't charged. There's a lot more.

It's not that she sounds like history's greatest monster, but you learn a lot about someone when you see how they treat people they have power over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Highest staff turnover in the Senate from 2001-2016. Threw a binder at a staffer and hit him/her. At least 3 people have refused to lead her campaign specifically because of how she treats people. Sends late-night e-mails insulting staffer work and CC'ing unrelated people just to make the humiliation more public. Makes staffers run personal errands for her. Put tardy slips on staffers' desks. Screams at staffers when her iPad isn't charged. There's a lot more.

It's not that she sounds like history's greatest monster, but you learn a lot about someone when you see how they treat people they have power over.

Do you seriously not see how centrist concern trolling fuels the fire? If we united in a rational defense against this BS then it starves oxygen. Let it be relegated to right-wing Facebook memes and stop the hand-wringing and speculation about unspecified groups of mythical voters who would care about this.

Centrists are making this a big deal by acting like it matters. It doesn't matter. If we act like it doesn't matter (which it doesn't) then it will matter less. If we act like it's a big deal (which it isn't) then it becomes a big deal.

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden is a creeper, Harris was overly tough as a prosecutor, Bernie allowed sexual assault to fester in his campaign, Beto drove drunk and is wishy washy.  I don't like what you're describing with Klobuchar (which is what I've seen when skimming to familiarize myself with the story), and to be clear I'm not hopping on the Klobuchar wagon/she's not my first choice to become president/I don't think she aligns closest with my views, but I think she has high electability and I think as far as these types "dirt" stories goes, hers is a meh.  I think it will be easy for her to brush it off, say that she's reflected on how she deals with frustration and how demanding on people she is and then pivot seamlessly into "i am passionate and care too much and work too hard".  Also more earnestly, I maybe kinda like that she's a Beto in the streets and a Clinton in the sheets (making that up on the fly, but if she's super likable but a bitch behind closed doors that isn't maybe bad).

47 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What do you learn?

13 hours ago, 6th Street said:

You might like her anti-Wall Street rhetoric, but Elizabeth Warren is unelectable after that Native American bullshit. She isn't winning over any Midwest white voters.

She said she has Native American heritage and it turned out that she does. Yep, I'd love to vote for her but I can't now because...

Why?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She said she has Native American heritage and it turned out that she does. Yep, I'd love to vote for her but I can't now because...

Why?

Politics is not an excel spreadsheet of policy positions.   Person with the most checks next to their name is the best candidate.  

Embarrassing behavior has consequences.   People don't like to see that in their leader.  

20 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Trump would annihilate Beta in a debate.

Lulz.  Maybe if it were judged by who can throw out the most fifth grade level insults. Trump can’t even speak in full sentences or articulate a coherent thought unless it’s been written by someone else.  

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Politics is not an excel spreadsheet of policy positions.   Person with the most checks next to their name is the best candidate.  

Embarrassing behavior has consequences.   People don't like to see that in their leader.  

Her Republican opponents made too big of a deal about it and so I guess she can't be elected. I think that's the same reason a lot of people wanted to bail on Pelosi. They bought into the Republican message. Look how that turned out. The reason they demonized her was because she's competent and they're afraid of her. Same with Warren.

I think one would have to be pretty stupid to believe in Warren's qualifications and capability to do the job but not vote for her because of the stink the Republicans have made about an irrelevant matter from decades ago. Let the people who were never going to vote for her anyway keep beating that drum. It just shows they've got nothing else to attack her on. Just call them racists and talk about ideas and policies that matter to the common man. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Beta would get rhetorically swirlied by Trump.  It would be frightful stuff.  

Fozzz, we don't always see eye to eye but I appreciate your conviction when discussing certain policies. You obviously think Trump is a turd as well. 

But please knock it off with the "Beta" shit. I generally agree that right now he shouldn't be considered the best potential D candidate, but that nickname is so Trumpkin that it's cringe-inducing. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Do you seriously not see how centrist concern trolling fuels the fire? If we united in a rational defense against this BS then it starves oxygen. Let it be relegated to right-wing Facebook memes and stop the hand-wringing and speculation about unspecified groups of mythical voters who would care about this.

Centrists are making this a big deal by acting like it matters. It doesn't matter. If we act like it doesn't matter (which it doesn't) then it will matter less. If we act like it's a big deal (which it isn't) then it becomes a big deal.

I think how people in power treat those below them actually matters.

Your (failed) attempt at being clever is trying to equate this with something that actually doesn't matter at all (Warren correctly, but foolishly, reporting her Native American ancestry). #sad

39 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What do you learn?

- How they deal with stress.
- Their ability to identify and solve real problems.
- Whether or not they can both hire and keep quality people. (This is the most important one in my mind, and we already have a decade+ of bad track record here.)
- How they will deal with negotiations.
- What kind of overall culture they foster in the White House specifically and in the government at large.

Maybe this is petty, but I think Klobuchar's super midwest accent is going to be an impediment to her attracting support. Maybe it's just me, but it's difficult to listen to her speak. 
You think her having an accent from the area of the country that will singularly decide the election is an impediment?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harris graduated college in 86 and law school in 89

Snoop and Tupac were 90s 

2Pacalypse was 91
Doggystyle was 93

embarrassing 

It is shit like this that makes non-politicians win.  Professional politicians are sooooo out of touch with reality that they'll just say shit regardless of truth.  It makes a non-politician like trump infallible regardless of what he says because you can't come at him with "That's a lie."  The people will just respond with "oh like that time in the 80's you smoke pot with snoopy dog and charlie brown while listening to Pac and biggie?"

Politicians flat out can't connect with people.  It isn't in their DNA.  They are the losers of our society that just happen to find some function in appointed and elected positions, doing jobs that no one else wants.  They just happened to bend and mold that job from public service to control and wealth creation for themselves.  Anyone with any worth is actually making a living for themselves and not leeching off of tax payer money.

Edited by Jhawk

1 hour ago, Zombie said:

Maybe this is petty, but I think Klobuchar's super midwest accent is going to be an impediment to her attracting support. Maybe it's just me, but it's difficult to listen to her speak. 

Wouldn't it be worse if she didn't have a Midwestern accent?  To me, sounding like you're from where you're from seems to be a sign of authenticity.