2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Instead of just working for Joe behind the scenes to convince candidates to drop out and endorse Joe?

I would've respected an open endorsement more because it would've been a risk.

lol. If Obama had endorsed Biden while the Bern was still running your farts would have stunk up this board for months. 

• Like 1

Bernie said all along he would support the eventual nominee. I understand people being disappointed in being asked to support a dotard probable-rapist who hates them, but it's not really a surprise unless you were lying to yourself. Bernie has always been a Senate decorum guy. He was the compromise.

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

lol. If Obama had endorsed Biden while the Bern was still running your farts would have stunk up this board for months. 

Obama was intervening in secret before Super Tuesday and I commented on it then. He's the one who got Buttigieg and Klobuchar to drop out at an otherwise-irrational time and endorse all in one night with Beto.

I would respect open action more. Doesn't mean I like any of it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie said all along he would support the eventual nominee. I understand people being disappointed in being asked to support a dotard probable-rapist who hates them, but it's not really a surprise unless you were lying to yourself. Bernie has always been a Senate decorum guy. He was the compromise.

Obama was intervening in secret before Super Tuesday and I commented on it then. He's the one who got Buttigieg and Klobuchar to drop out at an otherwise-irrational time and endorse all in one night with Beto.

I would respect open action more. Doesn't mean I like any of it.

Dang that Obama sure is a tricky fella. 

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Instead of just working for Joe behind the scenes to convince candidates to drop out and endorse Joe?

I would've respected an open endorsement more because it would've been a risk.

We would respect if you stopped talking about what you would respect on a Biden thread as a Bernie Bro. 

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Obama talked to Buttigieg after he dropped out. 

Surly posters, while cheering for Beto and Pete and Liz for a year: "It's absolutely true that the Democratic establishment works hand-in-glove with corrupt wealth centers to crush popular movements. We need a big, new structural change era."

Surly posters, the nanosecond Biden wins: "Only a paranoid lunatic would think that the Democratic establishment works hand-in-glove with corrupt wealth centers to crush popular movements. Anyone who is critical of these institutional powers loves Russia and Donald Trump."

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

source.gif

And before he did... what?

A gif eh? Starting to remind me of another prominent both sides poster on here who also claims he doesn’t support trump, yet every post he makes does so.

Just like you. Solid  gif game is the trump troll calling card.

Edited by JimmyJames

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Surly posters, while cheering for Beto and Pete and Liz for a year: "It's absolutely true that the Democratic establishment works hand-in-glove with corrupt wealth centers to crush popular movements. We need a big, new structural change era."

Surly posters, the nanosecond Biden wins: "Only a paranoid lunatic would think that the Democratic establishment works hand-in-glove with corrupt wealth centers to crush popular movements. Anyone who is critical of these institutional powers loves Russia and Donald Trump."

Bad teammate poster. Support Bernie because Biden is a dumbass.

bernie drops out.

Bad teammate poster. All you surly posters suck because you get mad at me for criticizing joe.

Only I will hold his feet to the fire!!

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pete dropped out of the race. Obama called him after. This was reported by every outlet. 

If you have links that say otherwise, feel free to post. Otherwise stop making shit up to fit your narrative. 

And what did Obama get Pete to do after he dropped out?

I don't know why you're even fighting this. Either Obama called Pete before he dropped and encouraged him to endorse Joe or he called Pete after Pete dropped and encouraged him to endorse Joe. Either way, it's the same thing. This is the game that all candidates agreed to jump in and play. Without Obama's influence, Joe probably doesn't get those endorsements the night before Super Tuesday. And without those, who knows?

Now I'm sure you'll read that paragraph and envision me crying and sniffling and saying it's unfair, but that's not what's happening. That's a vision in your mind (if it exists). This is the game. An insurgent candidate made a bet that the center wouldn't coalesce that quickly and with such organization, and that insurgent's bet failed. Pete and Amy and Beto got the call and played ball immediately.The center coordinated extremely effectively to crush the rising opposition.

Joe wins.

That's what happened. It needn't hurt your feelings to talk about it.

53 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That first part is like you thought most were saying that the big structural change era had to happen yesterday. That is never what I read on here. I always figured that a move to the inevitable now would ease the big structural changes that might cause seasickness in some in dealing with the differences. Hell, I went all in and even volunteered time to a candidate whose vision I wasn't totally comfortable with but thought was forward thinking. 

The institutional powers will be moved by democrats and are going to be moved by getting rid of the assholes that are not only stalling progress but rolling it back. You screaming about the slowness is really worse than flies at a picnic. It is as annoying as this little guy and even more drama queen-y.

https://twitter.com/Risaviral/status/1250130856473178112?s=20

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I always figured that a move to the inevitable now would ease the big structural changes that might cause seasickness in some in dealing with the differences.

I don't know what this sentence is.

The institutional powers will be moved by democrats and are going to be moved by getting rid of the assholes that are not only stalling progress but rolling it back.

Who are "the assholes that are not only stalling progress but rolling it back"?

I can't follow any of this.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

giphy.gif

The impact of Pete and Amy and Beto all endorsing Biden the night before Super Tuesday is identical whether Obama told Pete to drop out and endorse or just endorse. There's a difference in terms of analyzing Pete on an individual basis, I guess, but who cares about that.

In a bunch of different ways, Biden's victory was an inevitability. Every other candidate was making an outside play and counting on Biden never stepping up (he never did individually, to be honest) and being able to pull ahead in a splintered pack well past Super Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know what this sentence is.

Who are "the assholes that are not only stalling progress but rolling it back"?

I can't follow any of this.

Drink more then, buckaroo.   I can't follow half the shit you spew either but I try. The key was the little guy throwing a screaming  fit anyway. You can figure out what I mean unless you are terribly daft. 

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Needs to be posted again..... don't be irresponsible, Bernie Bros.

Everything about that Tweet is wrong. He didn't call her out and he didn't say it was irresponsible to not vote for Biden. lol

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Should have known Bernie was a class traitor, what with his multiple mansions and fancy suits. He’s basically the same as Trump. Has anyone on this board made that comparison before? I think I might be on to something. 

#KingOfKohls #LordOfTheLakeside #ElitistNYAccents

31 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Needs to be posted again..... don't be irresponsible, Bernie Bros.

Don't really even need to "back" him or support him. Just vote for him to get rid of the toddler in the whitehouse. Sure Biden isn't going to be too progressive, but my goodness we've regressed to the fucking political stone age in less than 4 years, and if trump gets to replace RBG, there will be literally nothing the most liberal president or congress can do for 20-30 years. The court would happily suspend the constitution if needed to avoid some taxes and healthcare. Just vote for him and keep pushing progress, because it's coming as soon as the boomers start dying off.

• Like 1

Obama convinced Bernie Sanders to drop out by arguing that he already succeeded in pushing Biden to the left, new report says

-----------
Former President Barack Obama convinced Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders to drop out of the 2020 race over the course of four long conversations, according to a Tuesday report from The New York Times.

The Times reports that when it became clear that his former vice president, Joe Biden, would win the Democratic Party's nomination, Obama told a friend that he needed to "accelerate the endgame."

At the end of March, Obama made the first of four phone calls to the veteran independent senator.

Two people with knowledge of their interactions told the Times that Obama told Sanders that he had succeeded in pushing the Democratic Party and Biden to the left.

Mostly though, Obama listened to Sanders reflect on the campaign and talk about what he planned to do next, the sources said.

Sources close to Sanders said that these calls played an important role in him ending his presidential bid last week and endorsing Biden on Monday. Obama followed suit on Tuesday with his a stirring endorsement of Biden.
-----------

#Unity

7 hours ago, G650 said:

I really thought b_t would have moved through all the stages of grief by this point.

Well that sure was a naive thought. 

Dude is here to hammer on and ridicule Biden until right before Election Day when Biden will commit the final straw and b_t will therefore refuse to vote for him and instead will write in Willie Nelson or Darrel Royal or some other beloved Texas figure.

All because he’s so liberal and anti trump ya see.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I would be interested to see the actual, real-life voting histories of the people who are desperate to pretend I'm a crypto-conservative.

Not sure what a crypto-conservative is, but I voted for Bill Clinton twice, Bush twice, Obama twice, then supported Bernie in the primary before ultimately having to vote for Hillary because trump is a complete shitbag. Will be voting for Joe in November.

You?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

So who are you voting for, dipshit?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I would be interested to see the actual, real-life voting histories of the people who are desperate to pretend I'm a crypto-conservative.

Well, if you don't vote for a Democratic nominee because they aren't progressive enough, you are supporting their opponent, presumably a conservative.