Sandwich hall of fame

Brisketexan

This thread is 7 pages long and nobody has sarcastically tagged me yet.  I feel so inconsequential and am contemplating an existential crisis. 

I guess I’m not the first great artist to not be celebrated during their lifetime. 
Uncooked BLT sandwiches are not making the bracket
  • Hook 'Em 1

Okay -- does anyone know a good site to set up a 64 team bracket, and then have people enter their choices/votes (as opposed to reporting who won each match)?

I'm distilling the list over the next few days, and will present 64 qualified sandwich competitors to a few of the posters on here to rank, to give us our seeding.  Then, I'll populate the 64-sandwich bracket and post it for votes.  Allow a couple of days for each round of voting, that sort of thing.

But really, if there's a site that will allow us to set it up as a 64 entrant poll, that's what we need.  I ain't counting votes by hand.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay -- does anyone know a good site to set up a 64 team bracket, and then have people enter their choices/votes (as opposed to reporting who won each match)?

I'm distilling the list over the next few days, and will present 64 qualified sandwich competitors to a few of the posters on here to rank, to give us our seeding.  Then, I'll populate the 64-sandwich bracket and post it for votes.  Allow a couple of days for each round of voting, that sort of thing.

But really, if there's a site that will allow us to set it up as a 64 entrant poll, that's what we need.  I ain't counting votes by hand.

This looks pretty straight forward but is limited to 32. Can do 2 I recon, or google for other options.

https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

My suggestion is to simplify it and just draw the seeds. Make it blind chance where all these end up, thus eliminating a bit of griping.

Eliminate griping?

why-huh.gif

You might as well suggest that I eliminate the very air that we breathe around here.  Griping is the lifeblood of Surly.

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

WTF...no play in sammiches???

I'm thinking no.  We have enough nominees to make a 64 sammich field.  Sure, some of them will be 16 seeds that are just happy to show up and get the tourney swag pack, but they'll be there.

Edited by Brisketexan

9 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I said eliminate a bit of griping for which there is no real solution as seeds are totally arbitrary.

And I don’t give a shit where you seed fucking liverworst im going with the opponent even if it’s an unskinned sheep dick poboy.

Take the loss, pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I said eliminate a bit of griping for which there is no real solution as seeds are totally arbitrary.

And I don’t give a shit where you seed fucking liverworst im going with the opponent even if it’s an unskinned sheep dick poboy.

I know you didn't just shit on the snack of braunschweiger on crackers.....

what-is-braunschweiger.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm thinking no.  We have enough nominees to make a 64 sammich field.  Sure, some of them will be 16 seeds that are just happy to show up and get the tourney swag pack, but they'll be there.

And this is why diehard fans of the Beef on Weck and Polish Boy are convinced the system is rigged...

4 hours ago, futureman said:

PBJ-Triangles-w-fruit-iStock.jpg

obviously.

I haven't been following the thread.  is there a consensus for 2nd place?

Brisket refers to it as a home sandwich, as in you wouldn't order one in a restaurant.  I made one at home for lunch today.  Maybe he's right?  But there's no denying that a good PB&J slams.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Brisket refers to it as a home sandwich, as in you wouldn't order one in a restaurant.  I made one at home for lunch today.  Maybe he's right?  But there's no denying that a good PB&J slams.

Especially if you batter and deep fry it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This spectacular thread died like a fart in the wind, and we never got our Sammich Bracket.  I'm sure the clerks and paralegals at the Brisket firm are working in shifts, and we'll have this ready to go before the amazing football season to come distracts us.