Texas Longhorns - 2024 Schedule with a few SEC dates

Pancho

4 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

All those podunk cities’ Hampton inn staffs call this black Wednesday.

Except I'm guessing in most SEC towns, they don't bother to use the word "Black"

Somebody at C3Presents with insider information hinted that this October gonna be a shitshow in Austin with Georgia/USGP one weekend and ACL/SEC home game on another weekend.  I really should Vrbo our house that whole month and make a few bucks but it's our favorite month of the year in Austin.  Anybody on social media gets an early leak on schedules, please post.  I think the folks upthread had a pretty accurate grasp of it, but there's no way we close out the year with two road games.  Even for Texas, nobody hates us that much.  And also curious to see how they handle our OOC since we've got it dialed in, they always allow their teams that cupcake FCS bullshit the week or two before Thanksgiving.  

• Haha 1

There is literally nothing else on. Might as well watch. I’m in too good of a mood since we made the CFP. Everything else is gravy. Can enjoy all the bowl games and have fun watching their “reveal.” I am sure they will save Texas and Bama for last. Start with Vandy. Just kidding. 

Oh the aggy tears when we beat them in their house. We have the toughest schedule I feel like (no homer here on this.) at Michigan, at Aggie, OU rivalry, play Georgia, at Arky…I mean come on. If we don’t get broken in half or fall off a cliff we are going to be in the playoffs with the expansion with that fucking schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

At Arkansas AND at Texas A&M? Well fuck you to SEC.

Dude, they did us a huge favor with Georgia coming to Austin. They could've made us go there and Florida. Instead they gave us two great home games. Arkansas and aggy will not be good teams. We just need to handle our business and not be morons about those games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Dude, they did us a huge favor with Georgia coming to Austin. They could've made us go there and Florida. Instead they gave us two great home games. Arkansas and aggy will not be good teams. We just need to handle our business and not be morons about those games. 

Is Florida supposed to be a good team? Because they sure looked bad that one game I watched them.

They are probably going to have a brand new coach right?

Edited by Valmy77

That seems like a very balanced schedule to me. Are there going to be some big, tough opponents? Sure but we knew that going in. What I did not really expect was such a good draw of who we get at home as well as the peppering in between of some of the lesser opponents.

I am sufficiently whelmed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdleast said:

That seems like a very balanced schedule to me. Are there going to be some big, tough opponents? Sure but we knew that going in. What I did not really expect was such a good draw of who we get at home as well as the peppering in between of some of the lesser opponents.

I am sufficiently whelmed.

I am happy with it as with the two bye weeks. The back to back of OU and Georgia is brutal but depending on how we and OU fair in the SEC we will welcome a familiar opponent probably in the thick of the schedule 

Just now, MirrOlure said:

We’ve known this for months. Statute of Limitations on ire has expired!

Ok fine.

OU has Bama. Just tell them it is a playoff game.

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Should've flipped UF & Arkansas in order to split up the Georgia/Florida home games imo.  Besides, wasn't last game vs Hogs in Fville? 

Yes. In 2021.

I am happy with it as with the two bye weeks. The back to back of OU and Georgia is brutal but depending on how we and OU fair in the SEC we will welcome a familiar opponent probably in the thick of the schedule 

Yes I was just texting mdmost the same thing: feels like a balanced “easier game, harder game, easier game, etc…” balance of opponents other than that OU-Georgia back to back
  • Hook 'Em 1

Disappointed we don’t have a bye later in November.

especially considering we don’t have a real cupcake in nov. That was one of the things I was looking forward to in the sec. Bye week and a cupcake to move up while everyone else in the other conferences lose and move down 

One home game between sept 29 and nov 8. Not super unusual but still crazy long stretch 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1