2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I keep reading that it's Crews-Skenes, 1-2 in either order.  

I'd question the intelligence of anyone who has Skenes behind Crews.

Teams get Crews every day.  Skenes every 5 games.  Personally, I'd take Skenes, but that's the rationale for the argument.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What is the wrist apparatus that Skenes wears…is he getting the pitches signaled to him….if so, did the Horns and other pitchers use this?

PitchCom

• Hook 'Em 1

And that's why.  RP leaves a spinner up and it's a brand new ballgame.  They were sitting on Skenes' fastball, bit it still had good run on it and they weren't barreling it up all that much.  Touch one at 100mph and it gets out of the park, but so do sliders that don't break.

Just now, WBT said:

Be a shame if Tennessee goes 2 and Q for their 2nd straight trip to Omaha.  Very aggy like.

Didn't they get knocked out in the Super Regional last year by Notre Dame?  Agreed on the sentiment though.  

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Didn't they get knocked out in the Super Regional last year by Notre Dame?  Agreed on the sentiment though.  

Yeah, last year they lost to ND.  I meant their last trip to Omaha when they lost the 1st one to Virginia and then we knocked them out.

• Hook 'Em 1