2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

3 minutes ago, Burt said:

Fucking replays were brutally long tonight!  Great fight back for the win, though!

The prior replay was utter bullshit. Tennessee was clearly in the net and the match was over. 

But y’all are welcome. I tuned in when we were losing in the previous set and we won the whole enchilada. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tough win. 

can’t say I’m feeling too sporty about our chances the rest of the way. 

Best thing I can say - we usually play 10x better the next game. Wish these were back to backs but we get a day off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Skinner is HER. We are a very flawed team but will still be a very tough out for everyone because of how she plays at this time of the year. 

I think we have one more season of Skinner unless she does a covid season?
Fucking love that chica.

image.png.65eb65bddc6f604344f5853e3dce3e62.png

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Best thing I can say - we usually play 10x better the next game. Wish these were back to backs but we get a day off. 

This is normally true with Wenaas. We got her atrocious match out of the way. She's normally better the next match. 

It seems with this team it's going to be "find a way to survive in the matches where Wenaas is fucking terrible." 

1 minute ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Neither are Stanford fans based on all the open seats.  So they usually play in the bball arena or a smaller gym?  Can’t remember from our last match out there. 

Nope this is where they always play…it’s weird, I have watched them play at home this season against highly ranked teams (Oregon, Washington State, Nebraska, Minnesota, etc.) and they never have much of a crowd for how great a team they are 

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

The prior replay was utter bullshit. Tennessee was clearly in the net and the match was over. 

Yep. And what did they call that gave the point to TN in the first place? Back row attack? Wasn't Ella front row at the time?

7 hours ago, texfan11 said:

Nope this is where they always play…it’s weird, I have watched them play at home this season against highly ranked teams (Oregon, Washington State, Nebraska, Minnesota, etc.) and they never have much of a crowd for how great a team they are 

Maples atmosphere is ass. Don’t forget USD won the regional at Stanford last year. They don’t have the raucous home crowd to will them to victory like Gregory or Wisconsin or Corn

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. And what did they call that gave the point to TN in the first place? Back row attack? Wasn't Ella front row at the time?

They decided the replay was “inconclusive.” It was clear as day. They just didn’t want to end the match on that call, IMO. So very Big12 of them. 

• Like 1

It was called an illegal attack because Emma made an overhand finger pass in front of the 10m line (ie, “set” it) and the ref ruled that Swindle touched/attacked the ball illegally on top of the net. The review was to determine if the net occurred prior to Swindle touching the ball, which would negate the illegal attack. If the Tenn player touched the ball first, then Texas had completed its “attack” and Ella touching the ball would have been legal  

Ella touched first - Tenn point

Tenn player netted first - Texas point 

Inconclusive or determine Tenn player touched the ball before Ella - replay the point 

They should have replayed the point but I would guess it was “simultaneous” so the call stood. You can’t actually review the location of the ball when Ella “attacked” it so it was solely going to be “was there a net prior to the violation or not”

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!