wc KO day 3 :: shock OR awe

Hagbard Celine

8 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Belgium will destroy Brazil

Eh, I doubt it. Belgium is another team that tends to falter against more pressure, and Brazil's front line will be tricky for the Belgium backline. Casemiro being out will be huge for Brazil as they are losing someone to mark KDB, though. 

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Even more reason to not watch fox. Anyone can follow play by play in another language. They are essentially just saying the players names. Then you don’t understand their color commentary nor have to listen to fox.

I'd rather complain about Fox, though.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Hope JNip and his dad don't hurt each other too bad.

Didn't he create some lie last WC about a friend getting stabbed in Brazil after Mexico crashed out so no one would give him shit? 

What'll it be this year? Fake cancer?

4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Osorio blamed the refs... Lol what a bitch

He has no one to blame but himself. Brazil may not have gotten a foul called on them in their half, but Mexico was toothless in attack beyond the first 10 minutes. Marquez starting was a failure, and his lack of answers in the Brazil and Sweden game were pretty appalling. 

Also, Wahl is an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahaha. You have to admit it seems like something should be in the stupid stuff wives do thread. People bit h about fox, given another option, but choose to stick with fox and bitch.

The Fox train wreck is part of the spectacle. I'm not burning calories over it. 

20 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

Why is Brazil the only team that plays zone defense on corner kicks? All the other teams seem to play this weird man-to-man marking style. Brazil just puts all 10 guys around the goal and seems to work pretty fucking well.

I can't speak for this game, I didn't get to watch enough of it, but ...

Because it's not easy. If you watch enough soccer (every 4 years doesn't cut it), you realize that zonal marking is really freaking hard on corners. Too many teams try it and they lose guys left and right giving up goals. If your communication isn't dead on, you will blow it. Club teams generally don't do it, and these are teams that work together all the time. Man to man is the norm.

Read more here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4685580.stm

38 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I can't speak for this game, I didn't get to watch enough of it, but ...

Because it's not easy. If you watch enough soccer (every 4 years doesn't cut it), you realize that zonal marking is really freaking hard on corners. Too many teams try it and they lose guys left and right giving up goals. If your communication isn't dead on, you will blow it. Club teams generally don't do it, and these are teams that work together all the time. Man to man is the norm.

Read more here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4685580.stm

Most teams do a hybrid these days, man to man with a few players doing zonal marking in key areas. 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Good on the Belgium player for keeping his feet in the box. 

Absolutely.

Eden Hazard also takes contact and keeps his feet as often as he can.

Credit to the Belgians for playing the game right, as opposed to all of South America.