Pop Songs (Possibly Girly) that are Great (When No One's Watching)

dcbc

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

True, but girly af. And so is Taylor Swift.

I need some young folk to tell me who the new pop star is.

I mean it's still Taylor Swift isn't it? I'm definitely not an expert in the matter but that seems to be who's getting the press. Haven't heard much about Ariana Grande or anyone else lately

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Unpopular opinions thread is this way ----->

For me the problem with Paramore isn't so much the songwriting or the performances, it's the production.  Every song comes across as audibly constipated.  It's stressful to listen to . . . so I don't.

18 hours ago, G650 said:

A)Jimmy Eat World is definitely more legit than Weezer.

B)This song isn't something someone my age would consider what this thread is about. It was solid in its time

erroneous-wedding-crashers.gif

as far as this thread goes...  Love this song

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/12/2023 at 12:40 AM, Bottlecap said:

I'm a swifty and IDGAF. Tis the Damn Season and Cruel Summer are my jams. 

Word.

And whoever posted Mad About You-- I fell in love with Belinda Carlisle in that video.

Here's a recent guilty pleasure song, I don't like Harry Styles all that much but this one gets stuck in my brain all the time:

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I was in my 20's when they came out, they are part of that early aughts music scene that was basically the nadir of western civilization.

I sure as shit wouldn't consider them new. They actually just came out of retirement.

Here's some early aughts girl pop to get down on.

Sorry, I assumed you were older since everyone else here keeps posting songs from when I was a kid. I don't think Paramore's new stuff is as good.

Moving on...

The song below is another catchy pop song if folks can get past the auto tune. It doesn't bother me as much as other people. I think my ears aren't as sensitive.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ajax said:

Sorry, I assumed you were older since everyone else here keeps posting songs from when I was a kid. I don't think Paramore's new stuff is as good.

Moving on...

The song below is another catchy pop song if folks can get past the auto tune. It doesn't bother me as much as other people. I think my ears aren't as sensitive.

A ridiculously catchy AF song of this era from DNCE

38 minutes ago, ajax said:

Moving on...

MomJeans.jpg

• Haha 2

No hate but I'm not hearing strong hooks with those indie songs.

I just spent the day on a boat with some families and a bunch of kids. This song got the biggest reaction and spawned a mini dance party. (these were little kids)

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

According to wiki, ICP covered it a couple of years ago.  But I can’t bring myself to search for it to give it a listen. 

I've long said there should be some sort of test you have to pass that says you are cool enough to cover a song. It really hit home when the Goo Goo Dolls covered Give a Little Bit.