Kenny Paxton/Dave P's Impeachment Game Day Thread

atomheartbevo

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Mr. Bangert, you were pretty clear in answering Mr. Hardin's questions, and you obviously went behind my client's back before going to the FBI, but isn't it true, sir . . . and I want simply a yes or no answer to my question . . . and you may have put this in a text message that you since deleted . . . but isn't it true that Joe Esposito's "You're The Best" is THE most underrated song of the 1980's?

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Ryan Vassar. 

spacer.png

Link

Ryan Vassar is the General Counsel at the Cicero Institute. Ryan previously served as Deputy Attorney General for Legal Counsel in Texas and as General Counsel. Ryan clerked for Justice Don R. Willett on the Supreme Court of Texas for three years. He received a B.B.A. in Accounting from Texas Tech University and a J.D. from South Texas College of Law Houston.

The Cicero Institute

The Cicero Institute is a nonpartisan public policy organization with deep experience in government, legislation and the law, technology, and entrepreneurship. Together, we develop and fight for policies at the state level that restore liberty, accountability, and innovation in American governance.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This guy seems meeker than Jeff Mateer, and Buzbee could probably rattle him real good, but it looks like he's handing this witness off to another one of his sophomores.

Edit: And just like that, he's crying.

Weak men also cry.

• Haha 2

"General Paxton told us that he didn't trust law enforcement."
Very nice.

Also, I must not understand what heresay is...

I believe that comment would be within the party admission exception to the hearsay rule
Very nice.

I believe that comment would be within the party admission exception to the hearsay rule

Very nice.

Very nice.

Just now, South Austin said:

But we’re the best people.

Oh, I agree on my behalf as well.  I've been depo'd twice as a fact witness for deals that went into litigation later.  It's hard to just not talk and talk......  But I also remember rolling my eyes almost audibly when one of the attorneys tried to put on his big boy voice and pin me down on something.   Dude, I'm not on trial here... chill out.

Which leads to my question (and disappointment).  I guarantee you these guys can be raging assholes behind the scenes at the AG's office.  Why so timid here in cross?  They aren't on trial.  Fucking show some backbone and confidence.

Paxton is still on the FBI hook, right?   Is there a chance anything said here can make that worse for him, or the FBI already knows anything that could come out during all this?   So he can be exonerated here, but still found guilty later on criminal charges, right?  Seems that would make our R senate idiots that will be sold as god fearing patriots?   Further evidence of the deep state tearing down our country?   

Sorry, I'm obviously not a lawyer, so nice now and then to escape the impeachment foolishness and look at the larger picture.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

So...another christo-fascist lawyer from the AG's office to testify?   Crazy...

There is no other kind.  At least not the ones that orbit the AG.  I'm sure there's plenty of sane civil servant types in the AGs office, but they don't orbit the AG.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Paxton is still on the FBI hook, right?   Is there a chance anything said here can make that worse for him, or the FBI already knows anything that could come out during all this?   So he can be exonerated here, but still found guilty later on criminal charges, right?  Seems that would make our R senate idiots that will be sold as god fearing patriots?   Further evidence of the deep state tearing down our country?   

Sorry, I'm obviously not a lawyer, so nice now and then to escape the impeachment foolishness and look at the larger picture.

I don't think any of this can hurt a federal investigation much.  It has vast potential to hurt Paxton, though.

About the worst thing going on here (for both a federal investigation and for Paxton) is that these people are getting their "stories" under oath, making it more difficult for them to credibly deviate from them in the future.  Because the stories against Paxton are pretty inherently factual, and the stories for are not, more damage is being done to Paxton than to future or current criminal investigations.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Very nice.

Also, I must not understand what heresay is..."Did anyone else speak up?" "Objection, heresay!"  WTF?

image.png

Apparently it is any time you hear anyone say anything

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Why can't Rusty ask a proper question on direct?

Every question has been leading and nearly all have been calling for speculation.

This defense lawyer is so much more competent than Buzbee and Ralph it's not even funny.

He's too folksy and down home for that. When you're a star, they let you do it.

Edited by chainsaw
  • Hook 'Em 1