Kenny Paxton/Dave P's Impeachment Game Day Thread

atomheartbevo

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"But then you went and got lunch at a steakhouse, didn't you?"
"Um, no. I'm a vegetarian."
"And that's exactly why it would make zero sense for you to go there."

Rusty on redirect:  "Now, sir, a while ago Mr. Buzbee asked you if you were a vegetarian.  I want you to make this clear to the jurors -- are you a VINO who sneaks in some chicken here and there, or do you truly refrain from eating all forms of meat?"

2 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Dan Patrick looks like a grand dad who got left in charge of the grand kids for the first time by himself

He had how many months to brush up on at least a modicum of judicial oversight?  I mean, this is rare in Texas...but there is lots and lots of precedent nationwide that he could have looked to, without appearing so fecklessly partisan.  He folds like a cheap pants suit on every objection.  

And to your point, most of the time...he's just waiting for the next break so he can tell the grandkids to go play outside while he figures out which Pat Boone records are appropriate to play.  

On the AG "General" thing.  its the general attorney for the state of Texas as in not for specific things but things in general.  so Ordinary, Typical, or All-Purpose could apply just as equally which makes the use of the term "General" that much more stupid.

It's not the same as military ranks where you have different levels of officers for Company Grade, Field Grade or General Officers.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Patrick is way in over his head.  Him saying “move on” all the time doesn’t cut it.  What a hot mess.

I think he says this when he forgets the difference between “sustained” and “overruled.”

Edited by South Austin
  • Haha 1

The letterhead stuff cracks me up. How much you wanna bet it was just some staffer that always cuts and pastes from a previous word document? That's how I put letter head on shit. I've occasionally grabbed an outdated one that had an old address or missing one of the cities we have offices in without noticing. 

I don't even understand what implication he's making that it was done intentionally. How does Paxton's name missing change anything about the document? If anything, that just seems like a super lame troll attempt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Satchel said:

As I watch this witness, he’s not what I thought the AG’s top Lieutenant would be like. Not at all.

29 minutes ago, Updawg said:

And these fucks are in charge of the state. It’s sad

When you realize what third-rate low-talent hacks are actually in charge of shit....well, that's an eye-opening day.  I grew up with an idea that the people in charge would be actually intelligent and competent.

Nope.  Certainly not under this current political regime, which values only one's ability to pander, loyalty to the worst people of all, and grandstanding.  Sure, all political offices have always been vulnerable to some of that, but I've watched and been part of gov't proceedings in the past where there were folks involved who really knew their shit and were sharp.  This parade of clowns?  Not a fucking one of them is worth a shit.  Because.....

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

But he's exactly what I thought the lead attorney for an organization called the First Liberty Institute would be like.

....this sort of shit is the only thing that matters.  Are you willing to be pro-Christofascism, against all logic, reason, and any American ethos?  COOL!  YOU'RE OUR LEADER NOW!

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

The letterhead stuff cracks me up. How much you wanna bet it was just some staffer that always cuts and pastes from a previous word document? That's how I put letter head on shit. I've occasionally grabbed an outdated one that had an old address or missing one of the cities we have offices in without noticing. 

I don't even understand what implication he's making that it was done intentionally. How does Paxton's name missing change anything about the document? If anything, that just seems like a super lame troll attempt.

Humphrey-Bogart-Captain-Queeg-The-Caine-

Ahh, but the letterhead!  That's that's where I had them!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Satchel said:

As I watch this witness, he’s not what I thought the AG’s top Lieutenant would be like. Not at all.

They were hired for their loyalty to the AG.  It's just that somehow mistresses and potential tie-ins to cartel money kind of spooked them to go to the FBI.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They were hired for their loyalty to the AG.  It's just that somehow mistresses and potential tie-ins to cartel money kind of spooked them to go to the FBI.

Very true. In that regard, it makes perfect sense why Paxton would select a seemingly emotional weak pleaser to complement his roughshod approach to management.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Very true. In that regard, it makes perfect sense why Paxton would select a seemingly emotional weak pleaser to complement his roughshod approach to management.

I would guess that Paxton would not choose somebody that he couldn't bully around.

Except that he ironically chose quite a few guys that he could only control up to a certain point.  Which makes you wonder what the really serious shit is that we haven't seen yet, that caused them to flip.

• Like 1

I would guess that Paxton would not choose somebody that he couldn't bully around.
Except that he ironically chose quite a few guys that he could only control up to a certain point.  Which makes you wonder what the really serious shit is that we haven't seen yet, that caused them to flip.

He was having an affair and missing Sunday school

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I loved that show and that car as a kid.  But I was today year's old when I learned that it was just Bo's car, and Luke was along for the ride.  I mean, Luke did drive the car plenty of times.  But I just assumed they bought and maintained it together until such time one of them could bed Daisy in the non-existent backseat.

Wait, isn't Daisy their cousin? How does that ... oh, carry on.

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When you realize what third-rate low-talent hacks are actually in charge of shit....well, that's an eye-opening day.  I grew up with an idea that the people in charge would be actually intelligent and competent.

Nope.  Certainly not under this current political regime, which values only one's ability to pander, loyalty to the worst people of all, and grandstanding.  Sure, all political offices have always been vulnerable to some of that, but I've watched and been part of gov't proceedings in the past where there were folks involved who really knew their shit and were sharp.  This parade of clowns?  Not a fucking one of them is worth a shit.  Because.....

....this sort of shit is the only thing that matters.  Are you willing to be pro-Christofascism, against all logic, reason, and any American ethos?  COOL!  YOU'RE OUR LEADER NOW!

Because politicians, particularly in Texas, are not very intelligent. If they were, they'd be doing much "greater" things -- or making real money -- in private sectors. These chodes are useful idiots for the power-brokers in this state. Same as it ever was.

33 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I love how Buzbee keeps referring to Nate Paul as a "constituent." 

15f068de-c6d6-4064-a3fa-83bcc488e614_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

worked for Josh Hawley, Ken Paxton, and the Alliance Defending Freedom (extreme right legal defense fund).  And he looks like he's at your door to get you to sign something welcoming him to the neighborhood.  

Well Ryan, here's your chance to get right with God.  Take it.