Kenny Paxton/Dave P's Impeachment Game Day Thread

atomheartbevo

Lol. Buzbee knocked back for making statements when entering the plea.

"This accusation is outrageous, egregious, pugnacious. It's simply an affront to my sensibilities. Not guilty."

They needed a grueling break from their theatrical swearing-in and completely pointless votes on myriad charges and removals.  

To put it into football terms, the team came out of the tunnel, said a prayer in the endzone, walked over their own side(line) and called a timeout.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

They needed a grueling break from their theatrical swearing-in and completely pointless votes on myriad charges and removals.  

To put it into football terms, the team came out of the tunnel, said a prayer in the endzone, walked over their own side(line) and called a timeout.  

Les Miles in da house?

33 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not really surprised that we likely won't hear Paxton testify.  I don't know the in's and out's of the impeachment proceeding, but I thought it might be enough of a quasi-criminal proceeding that he could not be compelled to the witness stand, and at the very least even if he could he would plead the Fifth most of the time citing pending criminal investigations.

the ins and outs, whatever Patrick wants to make up 

$3mil is $3mil 

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yes.

FIFM

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's not true.  There was definitely a vote.  It was $3 million to zero.  The vote took place in Dan Patrick's bank account.  It was not interfered with by any italian satellites or china with bamboo ballots and soy sauce on them or those two ladies in Atlanta who Rudy said were passing a USB drive back and forth with a million hidden votes.  It was a clean, straightforward vote: money won.  Justice lost.  Have y'all not been paying attention?

Oh, and I think it was also the wrong fucking call.  Impeachment is an inherently political process.  They can call Paxton to testify.  He can refuse to answer questions, and invoke the 5th.  But fuck this shit of him sitting on the fucking sidelines.  He wants to keep his office, held in trust for and on behalf of the motherfucking people of fucking Texas, he can take the stand or he can GTFO of my goddamned government.  Entitled cocksucking motherfucker.

Isn't there a difference between being "compelled" to testify and called?

59 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Spoiler that shit...some of us still have PTSD from the Strong years. 

Murr giving opening statement, outlining the corruption and crimes that Paxton is guilty of. Hearing it all said out loud on the floor of the Senate by a Republican feels pretty good tbh.

Phony uber account? Check

Burner phones? Check

Secret messaging apps for communications between Paxton and Paul? Check

I can't wait to see the evidence.

Murr is going to yield back a big chunk of their 60 minutes of opening remarks, preferring to use it for witness testimony.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
Fuck Ken Paxton.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Buzbee giving his statement. He looks like he enjoyed the lake or pool over the Labor Day weekend.

image.png.ea3e254b2f35c350dd1a0ab1b89a3927.png

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Buzbee's got the George Hamilton base tan going there, no doubt.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is that Ozempic face?

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3