Monarch: Legacy of Monsters - Godzilla, Titans, MonsterVerse, Kurt & Wyatt Russel, John Goodman, Apple TV Series, Nov 17

atomheartbevo

On 12/22/2023 at 10:16 PM, Enchubben said:

I really tried hard to like this show, but this last episode was incredibly uninteresting and I’m out. 

I'm borderline. 

"Two years earlier" "Two years later" "37 months before the two years earlier but after the six months later...." 

• Haha 2

Does anyone care about Mae?  I don't see how that episode advanced the storyline at all.  

The only halfway cool shot in this clusterfuck of a show was the Titan jumping at the helicopter then nothing.  The CGI is horrible.  The writing is lazy and the acting is inadequate. 

On 12/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, Post Oak said:

Does anyone care about Mae?  I don't see how that episode advanced the storyline at all.  

The only halfway cool shot in this clusterfuck of a show was the Titan jumping at the helicopter then nothing.  The CGI is horrible.  The writing is lazy and the acting is inadequate. 

you didn't like the setup for girl on girl action.

Well it’s certainly taken a twist. I hate these young folks in every way possible.

Would have been a better show of just Shaw and the Randas chasing Titans, setting up Monarch, and then transitioning to them older as older actors and fighting Monarch and differences between them. The kids have just been an annoying distraction .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m wondering if Dr Keiko is alive beyond the portal. She might be a hot 90 year old too. She and Shaw can hook back up.

Who says time passes the same beyond the portal. She might be a hot 30ish year old still.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Who says time passes the same beyond the portal. She might be a hot 30ish year old still.

That’s part of the joke on Shaw as he is in his 90’s but looks like he’s in his early 70’s. It’s been mentioned a couple times. He finally referred it to “an incident”. So maybe she looks like she did when she was lost.

Yea. She def alive  like jumanji. 

but hopefully a less hairy Alan.  

so Hiroshi ain’t any of the dudes baby? She was fuckin some imperial general 

Hiroshi is Bill Randa’s stepson. Keiko is his mother. I wasn’t aware she had a kid when she met Shaw and Bill. I don’t recall her mentioning it in any of her scenes.

The timelines are screwy. If Hiroshi was born in 52 then he’d be in his 60’s in the present day scenes and he looks late 40’s.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I actually think the guy playing Kentaro is underrated. He really shines when he can speak in Japanese 

He’s the best of the “kids,” by far 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And now they will be on screen together. A gilf like no other

They could go for it and cement themselves as one of the most memorable/fucked up shows of all time. Sadly it’s unlikely to happen and we’ll be stuck with the forced Cate-Mae love angle. 

The writers are terrible especially these kids. Mae on finding herself in an another world immediately just starts bitching at Shaw. Hiroshi is a dick as well with his abandonment issues but he does the same to his kids. Obvious we’re being taken to a cliffhanger with one ep left and who knows if this is coming back.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

After the first couple of episodes I see no need for Mae.  She's unnecessary and a drag on the story.

Her story ties in to Godzilla vs Kong later, I just think it’s too detailed and too long a ride to get there

• Hook 'Em 1

The biggest issue with shows like this is they cut cgi/puppet costs for cheaper dialog which drags out the story, introduces unnecessary characters and their background/issues, and spends too little time on the interesting components and ultimately the tension drags on far too long and becomes a boring.

Just like how a pause can be important in the speech, too long and you lose the audience.

I have a feeling the show runners were hardcore fans of the walking dead series and decided that the story needed more attention on the farm/prison.

I didn’t hate the finale. It should definitely be getting a second season, it never fell below 2nd most popular show on Apple TV for its entire run and was usually the 1st. 

Spoiler

So at the end they end up in 2017, which is 2 years before the events of Godzilla KOTM. I kind of wish they had caught up to GvK or at least right before it.