2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Nice win but very lucky. Lots of turnovers, lots of big defensive plays, shitty refs all around. Will Anderson and Stingley were huge on defense today. 

Nice to see Stingley make big plays today and look like #3 in the draft. We will should have chosen Sauce but play like today will make those thoughts go away as long as he stays healthy.

Sounded and looked like a substantially larger crowd today (at least excluding fans of our opponents) compared to past weeks. I know every game is a ‘sellout’ but it looked like we had more butts in the seats making noise on 3rd down. Hope we get a good turnout this weekend; I understand why people are slow to come back, but this team’s got it going on man….

• Hook 'Em 1

CJ is starting to learn the limits of his arm talent and that the worst case scenario can happen more often when the other side has professional football players at every position. This is good for his long term development. He's taking some real hits too.

Next week will be telling. I'm likely one of the biggest CJ truthers here from way before the draft, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he plays a clean game vs Jacksonville... I think it's the first time an NFL team will get a second crack at Stroud, and they'll be ready later after Stroud came into their house and kicked their ass. Let's see how Bobby counters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Think I remember hearing after the draft that once CJ was drafted, the Texans ran some WR options by him and it was CJ that pushed for Tank specifically. Maybe that’s bullshit but they sure have chemistry
It's 100% real. Stroud and Dell hit it off at the combine, and Stroud immediately let the front office know after being drafted that he'd love it if Tank was also a Texan. And props to the front office for doing it... they had the scouting chops to have a high enough grade on an undersized WR, and also showed they were willing to do things to make the possible face of the franchise comfortable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It's 100% real. Stroud and Dell hit it off at the combine, and Stroud immediately let the front office know after being drafted that he'd love it if Tank was also a Texan. And props to the front office for doing it... they had the scouting chops to have a high enough grade on an undersized WR, and also showed they were willing to do things to make the possible face of the franchise comfortable.

And one more because they our boys

• Hook 'Em 1

Looking at some draft stuff, it appears that this is a really deep WR draft, and if Houston misses in the first wave of WRs with their first round pick that figures to be in the mid 20s (Harrison Jr, Coleman, Odunze, Nabers), perhaps someone will fall to their 2nd round pick that figures to be somewhere in the mid 2nd (Ebguka, Thomas Jr, Franklin, Polk, Worthy, Mitchell, Tez, Corley, etc)

^^^
As  I’ve said earlier, I’m not sure WR should be a high priority in this year’s draft. The offensive results this year back that up. Positions of bigger need are DL, particularly on the inside, TE ( Shultz will be a FA in 2024) , LB, both OL and CB could use some depth. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

^^^
As  I’ve said earlier, I’m not sure WR should be a high priority in this year’s draft. The offensive results this year back that up. Positions of bigger need are DL, particularly on the inside, TE ( Shultz will be a FA in 2024) , LB, both OL and CB could use some depth. 

DL probably the top priority, though there should be some good options available in FA. I’d back up the proverbial Brink’s truck for Chris Jones but bet he and KC somehow work something out. Would love to line him up next to Will Anderson…

Agree that the offense has been solid but I’d still like to pick up another WR in the first two days of the draft, along with another CB and help along the OL. I think Michael Pittman would fit great into this offense but have a feeling someone’s gonna throw #1 money at him and I don’t know that I like him that much, given our situation. Noah Brown’s emergence, Collins’ continued development, and Tank Dell’s all-around ‘how did 68 dudes get picked in front of this guy’ badassedness have put us in a great position.

I’d really like to sign Shultz to an extension assuming it’s not Hockensen-esque, he and CJ seem to have a good thing going. Greenard, Cashman, Noah Brown, and Fant are all FAs that I’d like to bring back at the right price. 

Edited by Ignatius

11 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Need to draft nothing but interior lineman.
Cj is that dude

Stud DT needs to be the priority in FA and the draft. IMO, we have enough draft capital and cap space devoted to the OL. If aggy LG still looks like shit in training camp, trade him for anything you can get.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1