Jaws 3

ScottishHorn

Just watched it off the AMC during the Jaws 4th of July marathon.  What a terrible movie but so bad you cant look away.  The ending not quite as bad as Jaws 5? with Michael Caine when the shark gets stabbed by the ships bow although I personally liked the ending with the dead diver still sitting in the sharks mouth with a hand grenade that gets pulled by a metal pole by Dennis Quaid.  Bess Armstrong does her best to ruin the acting chops of academy award winner Louis Gosset Jr.  whose best role may still be Chappy from Iron Eagle.  After all the death and carnage caused by the shark the saving grace at the end is the survival of the 2 dolphins.  Hurray!

Just watched it off the AMC during the Jaws 4th of July marathon.  What a terrible movie but so bad you cant look away.  The ending not quite as bad as Jaws 5? with Michael Caine when the shark gets stabbed by the ships bow although I personally liked the ending with the dead diver still sitting in the sharks mouth with a hand grenade that gets pulled by a metal pole by Dennis Quaid.  Bess Armstrong does her best to ruin the acting chops of academy award winner Louis Gosset Jr.  whose best role may still be Chappy from Iron Eagle.  After all the death and carnage caused by the shark the saving grace at the end is the survival of the 2 dolphins.  Hurray!
Jaws 4. Never knew a shark could roar like a lion when coming out of the water.

14 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

It's Sgt. Foley in An Officer And A Gentleman, and it's not even up for debate.

• Like 2

Movie should have had LGj kill an eel for revenge of his twin from The Deep. 

And I’m still not sure what the fuck that was preventing them from closing the door in the decompression chamber, guess it was supposed to be the shark’s jaw, didn’t look much like a jaw. 

Loved the sound effects of dude getting chomped on in the control room. 

Edited by Underdog

On 7/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, Underdog said:

<------ Like a dumbass, paid money to sit in a theater to watch this shitshow in 3D.  J4 is just a GD mess. 

I was a kid, but still remember seeing it in the theater.  Like every 3D movie in the 80s, there's a "shooting a harpoon at the camera" shot.

The paper cutout looking shark shots are turrible.

Jaws 2:  "Sharks don't take things personally, Mr. Brodie."

Jaws 4 tagline:  "This time it's personal."

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I just found out a remarkable factoid about the original Jaws.  Robert Shaw was only 48 years old when he played Quinn.  He looked 68.  He died when he was 51, which is my age.  

He was 36 in From Russian With Love.  Amazing transition in looks between that and Jaws.

Hell, he was only 46 when he made the sting.  Over 2.5 years younger than Paul Newman when they made the movie.  An interesting guy.  Novelist,  playwright.  He had 10 children, 3 wives and was an alcoholic most of his life.  I'd probably look pretty old too.  Sebastian Shaw from the X-Men series is named for him.

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Can’t imagine Lee Marvin or Sterling Hayden doing a better Quint than Shaw, and thank god they didn’t give Brody to Heston. 

You know Roy Scheider turned down deer hunter for jaws 2 because the studio promised to count it as 2 movies off his contract?  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I am still pissed they gave the role of Ellen Brody, hot as fuck in the book, to the homely wife of the studio head. 
Reading Jaws in junior high was awesome, as the teacher had no idea Benchley was writing about Hooper, stiff as a flag pole, banging Ellen, etc.

They correctly made the decision to cut that storyline out of the movie. And totally saw the Brodies as an old married couple.

When Jaws is rebooted, The Rock will be Chief Brody, Eva Mendes will be Ellen Brody, Ryan Gosling will be Hooper and Liam Neeson will be Quint. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

They correctly made the decision to cut that storyline out of the movie. And totally saw the Brodies as an old married couple.

When Jaws is rebooted, The Rock will be Chief Brody, Eva Mendes will be Ellen Brody, Ryan Gosling will be Hooper and Liam Neeson will be Quint. Enjoy!

Um, I’d watch that.  I can totally see the rock delivering the bigger boat and smile lines, and he and gosling paddling back to amity. 

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

So, if it’s Eva, we’re definitely gettin’ the screwing back in the script, right.