Free puppy for adoption in South Austin

Felix

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Will she be ready by the last tailgate of the season?

She's ready now.  We just got confirmation that she's parasite free and she's up to date on all shots. Just need the right person/people to take her home and give her the love she richly deserves.  I've been working with her some and I think she's full yellow lab.  She's young enough that with training I think she'd make a great hunting dog or just a wonderful family pet.  She is so calm and she's pretty damned smart too.  Frankly, I wish I could keep her.

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Nice looking doggie!

(also, that exercise equipment looks rather dusty)

Exercise equipment?  You mean storage appliances?  Don't get me started.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

She's coming home, y'all!

My family was in the market for a lab puppy already. We have a 4 year old black lab named Rocco that we got through the Heart of Texas Lab Rescue (HIGHLY recommended, btw), and had already setup an appointment for early November to meet some black or yellow lab puppies with them. I clicked on the banner ad today and saw that a fellow poster who lived 15 minutes away had a yellow lab puppy that needed a home. That felt like a sign. We're in the market for a yellow lab puppy, and there's a poster down the street who needs to find a home for one. It's all coming together.

We brought the family and Rocco down to meet this sweet girl and after a few short minutes of trepidation, she happily sought out and accepted pets from each of the four humans in the family. 

Brought Rocco out of the car to meet his soon-to-be new sister and they got along great. Rocco is typically a VERY enthusiastic play partner, so I was a little concerned about him being too high-energy for a somewhat skittish girl. But he calibrated his energy levels so well with her that it all just felt like a great fit.

Thanks so much to @Felix and his lovely wife for taking this sweet girl in, caring for her, and finding her a new home. Which will be our home. She's gonna miss the acre of land to run around on and will have to adjust to our much smaller backyard. But she will be loved. She comes home tomorrow and I will update with pictures. Unless the wimmens in Felix's family decide they can't part with her, which would be understandable. 

She and Rocco are going to be best buds and she's going to be get all the love she needs from @irishtexan and his beautiful family. We'll miss her but this is the best outcome we could hope for!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Felix said:

I've been working with her some and I think she's full yellow lab.  She's young enough that with training I think she'd make a great hunting dog or just a wonderful family pet.

She looks full. Mine went thru extensive obedience and hunting training. They wouldn’t take her until she was 6 months, so she’s got plenty of time before many trainers would even take her on.  Looks like shes going to be an awesome pup for Irish. Pos rep to you both. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, irishtexan said:

She's coming home, y'all!

My family was in the market for a lab puppy already. We have a 4 year old black lab named Rocco that we got through the Heart of Texas Lab Rescue (HIGHLY recommended, btw), and had already setup an appointment for early November to meet some black or yellow lab puppies with them. I clicked on the banner ad today and saw that a fellow poster who lived 15 minutes away had a yellow lab puppy that needed a home. That felt like a sign. We're in the market for a yellow lab puppy, and there's a poster down the street who needs to find a home for one. It's all coming together.

We brought the family and Rocco down to meet this sweet girl and after a few short minutes of trepidation, she happily sought out and accepted pets from each of the four humans in the family. 

Brought Rocco out of the car to meet his soon-to-be new sister and they got along great. Rocco is typically a VERY enthusiastic play partner, so I was a little concerned about him being too high-energy for a somewhat skittish girl. But he calibrated his energy levels so well with her that it all just felt like a great fit.

Thanks so much to @Felix and his lovely wife for taking this sweet girl in, caring for her, and finding her a new home. Which will be our home. She's gonna miss the acre of land to run around on and will have to adjust to our much smaller backyard. But she will be loved. She comes home tomorrow and I will update with pictures. Unless the wimmens in Felix's family decide they can't part with her, which would be understandable. 

Hook 'em @irishtexan @Felix

• Like 1

For a bunch of assholes, this group kicks ass.  As soon as I found out she was coming to us I told my wife (no pics) "Once we get her cleared by the vet I'll put her up on Surly and I'll bet she'll be in a good home in a couple of days".  Surly proved me right.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Felix said:

For a bunch of assholes, this group kicks ass.  As soon as I found out she was coming to us I told my wife (no pics) "Once we get her cleared by the vet I'll put her up on Surly and I'll bet she'll be in a good home in a couple of days".  Surly proved me right.

You told your wife about Surly?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

You told your wife about Surly?  

She's appeared in the "Stupid things wives do" thread so I felt compelled to tell her so that she would think twice in the future.  She lives in fear of making that thread again so it helps me in the long run. 

• Like 2