NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

How many games together did the Big 3 play? Seemed like one or two were always out for a game or dozen. 

A lot. And Durant played his most minutes in a season in 10 years. 

36 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don’t know if Dallas can play much better than this and they’re only up 3 after 1q. I guess they could knock down some of those open threes but if I’m okc I’m feeling pretty good. 

Not saying OKC wins but Luka already running out of gas and OKC keeps coming.  Dallas will need Kyrie to go off which can definitely happen.  

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Giddey a smooth -20 in 10 minutes tonight. Woof. 

Looks like we got ourselves a series. 

maybe. Mavs shot 18-37 from deep, including 7-11 from PJ Washington; tim hardaway jr scored 17 points on 10 shots in 19 min; josh green scored 11 points on 6 shots in 16 min. i didn’t get to watch the game, but just looking at the box score that doesn’t seem repeatable.

also, as much as i love luka, physically speaking he makes paul pierce look like russell westbrook. he’s somehow still doughy and seemingly overweight. not many doughy, overweight perimeter players who’ve led their teams to memorable playoff series victories. 

2 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

maybe. Mavs shot 18-37 from deep, including 7-11 from PJ Washington; tim hardaway jr scored 17 points on 10 shots in 19 min; josh green scored 11 points on 6 shots in 16 min. i didn’t get to watch the game, but just looking at the box score that doesn’t seem repeatable.

Conversely, if you told OKC that they'd hold Luka and Kyrie to 38 combined points (one less than they did in Game 1), they'd think that the rout was on.

10 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don’t know if Dallas can play much better than this and they’re only up 3 after 1q. I guess they could knock down some of those open threes but if I’m okc I’m feeling pretty good. 

Big win for Dallas...  not sure Luka will be able to hold up much longer physically in these playoffs...  

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Indy just not tough enough for playoffs.  Knicks wanting it more during 3rd qtr.  

New York just needs a few more injuries to balance the scales.  The lingering injury to Haliburton isn't completely offset by Anunoby, Randall, Bogdanovic, and Robinson being completely out of the games.  Need Brunson and either Hart or DiVencenzo to tweak something just to be safe.

Edited by Captain Obvious

Playoff basketball is awesome. In one game, the narrative goes from "holy shit, Minnesota might sweep the champs; they're unbelievable and have Murray all figured out" to "uhhh, was that just the let down of all let downs, or did Denver wake up and now Minnesota is in big trouble?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Playoff basketball is awesome. In one game, the narrative goes from "holy shit, Minnesota might sweep the champs; they're unbelievable and have Murray all figured out" to "uhhh, was that just the let down of all let downs, or did Denver wake up and now Minnesota is in big trouble?"

Wolves usually lay an egg when the national media doesn’t shut up about them
  • Haha 1