2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Posted (edited)

Game was so great, and Luka didn’t play well at all, and Ky did nothing in the first half. So I hope the “this bench is shit” bullshit is over. Gafford and PJ were huge pickups and DJJ is a nice player. I know those guys are starters but the implication has been this team is nothing with Luka and Ky. Lively was an absolute beast in the first half (where was he in 2nd?) and Josh Green played well. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

You would think that after this many years in the league, Westbrook would have finally figured out that "playoff intensity" doesn't mean increasing your scowl and amping up the histrionics and fake tough guy bullshit. 

In a way it makes me mad because I think he could have been a great player, but he's just too stupid and mentally weak to get there.

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

You would think that after this many years in the league, Westbrook would have finally figured out that "playoff intensity" doesn't mean increasing your scowl and amping up the histrionics and fake tough guy bullshit. 

In a way it makes me mad because I think he could have been a great player, but he's just too stupid and mentally weak to get there.

It’s nice to face him and playoff P on the same team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s nice to face him and playoff P on the same team. 

They were tough last night. Combined for 8. 

Kawhi added 9. Those guys are old and not effective. Without Harden, Powell and Zubac, this team is garbage. 

11 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

My knucklehead son scored a ticket right behind Gafford

image.thumb.jpeg.1b6d3a7772c4b1cdb0cf8d1c2ba59a50.jpeg

NERDS!!

11 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Picture is worth a thousand words..

IMG_3226.jpeg

It's better with context. T. Mann taking offense to Washington scowling/talking to the Clippers bench after a Mavericks bucket comes across the court continuing to tryi to get him to understand.

Washington eventually turns back towards the opponents bench, takes stance at half court, dares anybody by crossing his arms, and scowls at their bench to do something about it.

10 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Game was so great, and Luka didn’t play well at all, and Ky did nothing in the first half. So I hope the “this bench is shit” bullshit is over. Gafford and PJ were huge pickups and DJJ is a nice player. I know those guys are starters but the implication has been this team is nothing with Luka and Ky. Lively was an absolute beast in the first half (where was he in 2nd?) and Josh Green played well. 

You didn't say nice anything about TH jr.

9 hours ago, TornACL said:

Fake tough guy with one point, which means not tough, just a bitch who hates that he sucks. 

So the Clips are OKc retirement home? Westbrook, Beard, and Paul George. Good in KD for not going that sad route.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Fake tough guy with one point, which means not tough, just a bitch who hates that he sucks. 

So the Clips are OKc retirement home? Westbrook, Beard, and Paul George. Good in KD for not going that sad route.

KD is taking a different sad route. At least he collected a couple of championships first. 

That was such a fun game last night.  Didn't even play well offensively but completely dismantled them.  The Clippers looked lost in the 2nd half.  They made that one run to cut it to 6 or 7 then Kyrie, who hadn't done anything all game with foul trouble, puts up 8 straight.  Great W.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kyrie's ability to plant his feet in the ground and say "that's enough" when the other team is on a run is amazing. I've never seen anyone do what he does. Completely disengaged on the offensive end for 3 quarters then suddenly bends the game to his will.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:43 PM, TornACL said:

Hey, at least he'll fight fans if they call him Westbrick!

Kawhi is ruled out for today. Just saw the line move 2 points. Dallas is now favored by 7.5.
Honestly, line should have moved the other way. Kawhi was a liability on both ends of the floor
  • Like 1

I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on tix this morning.   Thank goodness I didn't.    Really no excuse for coming out this flat with an opportunity to put a stranglehold on this series.  Not good.

1-2 series.  at least we can try to tie it next game and retain home court....

of course we beat this bunch of meh by going into the lane and gettin easy 2pts.  so what does Kidd do.  start jacking 3's like game one.    at some point you need to coach.

Jason Kidd's called 2 timeouts. Possession after the first time out results in a turnover. Possession after the second timeout results in a shot clock violation. How good would we be if we had a coach who did his job?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

1-2 series.  at least we can try to tie it next game and retain home court....

of course we beat this bunch of meh by going into the lane and gettin easy 2pts.  so what does Kidd do.  start jacking 3's like game one.    at some point you need to coach.

we are up 2-1. next game (if we lose this one), will be to take the series lead, not tie it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

we are up 2-1. next game (if we lose this one), will be to take the series lead, not tie it.

ha. totally blanked on the last win.  was at a concert and didn't watch it.  that's what I get for drinking early.

2 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Not sure how good you can feel after being down 17 at half at home, but this feels like a weird one. 

Because they were down 31 with 5:43 left in the 2nd?  That’s how I feel better. I wouldn’t call it good. Hopefully their two big dogs cool off at half, and Luka pulls his head out of his ass. 

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Because they were down 31 with 5:43 left in the 2nd?  That’s how I feel better. I wouldn’t call it good. Hopefully their two big dogs cool off at half, and Luka pulls his head out of his ass. 

I agree with you. I think Luka waking up is much more likely than George going for 50 and Clippers hitting 30 threes.