2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Didn't Giddy fuck a teenager? How did that magically disappear?

Vague memory - she was at an 18+ club, had a fake id, and lied about her age.

3 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Well I see we are getting brick THJ

That was a weird sequence, but it seems so critical that he finds he's stroke especially given all this foul trouble and Maxi's injury.

8 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I think the parents dropped charges (maybe paid off?)

No criminal charges

she lied about her age and he was 19 she was 17? 

1 minute ago, ITHorn said:

Zero shot in this series if breathing in the paint is a foul. 

that's the plan. Dirk overcame so much bullshit to win his title.  These dudes hate the fuck out of Cuban.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Mavs aren’t going further if a gimpy Luka is going to dent the rim from 3 every night. The turnovers and refs aren’t helping. 

yep.  I know he is all world but Luka is going to need to pick up his shooting or Kyrie is gonna have to go off every night.  we need one, the other or both.

Agreed on this game being over if they’re going to call it like this. The Mavs have been a very physical team since the trade and they’re taking that away. 

I know Luka is not 100% but he should but be this bad from 3. Dude is shooting Westbrook level. 

Would have liked to see a replay on the okc offensive rebound vs Gafford. Seemed like they were all over him. 

Cut down the turnovers and even out the officiating and I feel like the win is there. 

I don’t know if it’s the arena lighting, the camera angle, or the commentators, but it feels like I am watching a college game (not the style of play but the look)

Well
It is Oklahoma , the loves truck stop is a nice sponsor . Should change their name to the lot lizards
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JohnnyRage said:

We got killed by hot second half threes.

Yup, the reason it drives me crazy is that a few makes on one end and a few misses on the other and it's a 12-15 point swing in a matter of seconds. But most of all I just cannot fucking stand when guys pass up layups and dunks to pass to the perimeter. Seems to happen several times a game. 

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
16 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:
What's the overall consensus amongst Dallas fans on the Mavs bench? 

We need shooters

yep.  OKC can shoot and we cant' match them with Luka being a no show from 3.  OKC is so much quicker than the lazy Clip show.  

will be shocked if we win this series.  

Missed maxi tonight more on offense than defense. His spacing allows us to get inside and finish. Without him the thunder were a step closer to the paint and crashing down on us at the rim. I don't know what our paint numbers were but I'm sure it's bad. We had so much trouble scoring at the rim.

ref'ing has been all over the place these playoffs. the cavs magic series was the most physical NBA I have seen in decades it felt like. then i see the myles turner bad screen call....hahaha wtf. 

FF to today and anything in the paint is called. 

I don't expect same same, but do expect at least same zip code across ref crews. 

I am not sure how anyone in NBA offices can justify Tony Brothers getting Mavs games of any importance after the Dinwiddie BS. That being said, won’t matter who is calling games if Luka isn’t in good enough health to even pretend to play D. 

10 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Luka is lazy as fuck 

You're a fucking idiot.

10 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Luka is clearly hurt.

If Luka can't get to 100%, it's over.

His knees are fucked. He had three days off and he had absolutely no lift, no ability to cut, no ability to drive. He's got like 40 hours to try to get better. I'm hoping for a miracle recovery, but it's not looking good if he looked like that after 3 days of rest. 

But I see all these dumb mf'ers like Navin R. Johnson questioning Luka's drive, competitiveness and conditioning. I'd love to see anyone play 40+ minutes of NBA playoff basketball, on a sprained knee, getting absolutely pummeled. He's not lazy. He just can't move. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

But I see all these dumb mf'ers like Navin R. Johnson questioning Luka's drive, competitiveness and conditioning. I'd love to see anyone play 40+ minutes of NBA playoff basketball, on a sprained knee, getting absolutely pummeled. He's not lazy. He just can't move. 

And he continues to insist on playing for the Slovenian National Team, which I believe he did again last year, but I could be wrong. His mileage might be much higher than other athletes his age with his professional experience and body size.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It’s game 1. Mavs will be fine. Typical overreaction after one game in the playoffs. You lose once and you never see yourself winning again. Like okc fans thinking they’re gonna win in 4 or 5. Lmao. I still got the Mavs in 6. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

It’s game 1. Mavs will be fine. Typical overreaction after one game in the playoffs. You lose once and you never see yourself winning again. Like okc fans thinking they’re gonna win in 4 or 5. Lmao. I still got the Mavs in 6. 

I want to feel this way, but Luka's 3 pt shooting has been just atrocious. I don't see the Mavs winning the series if that continues, much less in 6.