T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

19 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

And Nahlin is reporting Burrell is no longer part of the Texas program.

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn, obviously I don't have all the details, but on first glance it just shows ow different the results can be for 2 people in the same situation.

One may lose a little draft capital but will still be selected in the 1st 3 rounds...the other is losing his scholarship. 

Sucks to lose players like that, but the truth is that he probably wasn't going to see the field much at Texas anyway being sandwiched between Ant and Ty'Anthony.  But, hopefully, Burrell has learned his lesson and can make an impact somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Man it looks cool enough it got me interested, but it’s still a Ford. 
If the reliability was even average I'd have some interest. In reality the only version that truly piques my interest is the Raptor, but it's powered by a twin turbo V6 (just asking for trouble) instead of the V8 it should have. Hard pass.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

If the reliability was even average I'd have some interest. In reality the only version that truly piques my interest is the Raptor, but it's powered by a twin turbo V6 (just asking for trouble) instead of the V8 it should have. Hard pass.

I thought Ford became a lot more dependable over the last 20 years?  Everything in the late 90’s early 2000’s was shit but I’ve heard it’s much better.  Not enough for me to buy one after my first couple cars being Ford’s that were total lemons though.  

I thought Ford became a lot more dependable over the last 20 years?  Everything in the late 90’s early 2000’s was shit but I’ve heard it’s much better.  Not enough for me to buy one after my first couple cars being Ford’s that were total lemons though.  
I've heard the Bronco has a few issues, and even the F-150 isn't the tank it used to be. Ford overall is ranked pretty low for reliability these days.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think Ford reliability is pretty decent these days.  But, the Bronco is not only a new model but a close to entirely new platform, so it's going to be buggy.

That said, now that just about everyone but Toyota is going to small-displacement, direct-injected, turbocharged everything for fuel efficiency, reliability is going to take a hit.

15 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, Pablo said:

Ford Raptor-R comes with the V8 Coyote engine.

MSRP is around 111K but with the current market adjustment I've seen them upwards around 160K.

Ford Raptor-R comes with the V8 Coyote engine.
MSRP is around 111K but with the current market adjustment I've seen them upwards around 160K.
I didnt realize that, but those prices for a Ford are laughable. I'd just get a lightly used 3-4 year old F-150 Raptor for half that or less. Save money and get a more practical plaything.

I’ve put 430,000 miles on my last two F150s while incurring maybe $4,000 in true repairs (things like brakes jobs don’t count). The lifters on my 2003 are making some noise, but I’m buying some time by adding ATF to the engine oil. I have no idea how reliable the newer F150s are, but I’ll probably get an F250 anyway.

About 60% of those repairs are because my dumb ass SIL got it stuck in mud and thought he could throw it in reverse/drive/reverse a hundred times to get it unstuck. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

On 5/16/2024 at 11:49 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I think Ford reliability is pretty decent these days.  But, the Bronco is not only a new model but a close to entirely new platform, so it's going to be buggy.

That said, now that just about everyone but Toyota is going to small-displacement, direct-injected, turbocharged everything for fuel efficiency, reliability is going to take a hit.

I've had great luck with all of my Fords, both professionally and personally. My current beater, an '05 F-150 Lariat currently has 265,000 miles and the only thing done to it is change an 02 sensor, a tune up and a a brake job. I wished they all performed like that one.