Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

TexArcher

Rivalries: who do you hate the most?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

• ou sucks
    • The god damned sooners
    • I don't understand the question

12 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Anyone not saying A&M is a Longhorn fraud

Anybody who knows and understands A&M knows it is complicated. Sure they surround us and we see them every day. And sure they talk shit all the time.

But they also are really weird and disconnected from reality. So their trash talk is more perplexing than enraging. And they talk big and perform small.

That is not to say A&M has never caused us problems. They have. But OU is the perennial destroyer of UT seasons. The school that is always winning the championships we want (though not National Championships recently, choking losers). The school that is always standing in our way. The school that ESPN and the national media loves to torment us with.

So sure A&M is a rival and sure A&M is more of a constant feature in our daily lives, at least those of us who live in Texas. It isn't the same though.

Also A&M is our opponent in other very boring and unfun ways as well in politics and funding and really stupid ass shit. So yeah that can get really boring and tedious. Yeah! It is the guys we share the PUF with. How exciting.

Whereas OU is a pure sports rivalry. Which is actually fun and hating them is fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Anyone not saying A&M is a Longhorn fraud

OU is our biggest rival and our annual game is in contention for the biggest rivalry in NCAA competition.

TAMU is only our rival because our literal idiot-cousins attended that backwater and won't let us forget it. There will be no peaceful Thanksgiving dinners in my family for the foreseeable future - no matter how irrelevant those fucks become. FML.

Edited by LonghornBreeder
PS- nolongerU2horn must be one of those screaming to move the game to Jerry World.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Deej said:

I hate OU, but have a modicum of respect for them.

I hate aggy and have zero respect for them.

TSRH. I didn't start hating aggy until the secX3 move and working adjacent to them. 

But overall, fuck any team not named Texas. 

ETA-- Oh yeah, and their monopoly on veterinarians. Damn near every aggy vet I've dealt with is shit. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

ETA-- Oh yeah, and their monopoly on veterinarians. Damn near every aggy vet I've dealt with is shit. 

Fortunately Tech broke that monopoly.

Such a petty and stupid bullshit political thing A&M did. Yet another reason the A&M rivalry is just kind of lame.

The question wasn't "who is our biggest rival?"

The question was "which rival do you hate the most?"  ("More", ahem.)

The answer is OU.  If the question were "which rival do you PITY more?" it would be A&M.

We have no other rivals, and A&M is a weak second to OU in terms of ever doing anything of significance.  This is why I don't hate them more.  Ironically, I also respect OU more.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't think that's guaranteed. Last I heard OU will be annual but A&M and Arkansas may alternate on our schedule.

I would be happy with that. 

I know their entire fight song is about us and we mention them in ours. The tune of Texas fight is a parody of farmers fight. But all that s*** was written 100 years ago and things change. A&M is the second class rival

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I didn't say they weren't a rival.

But our fight song was written 100 years ago before the State Fair tradition had even started. Things might have changed from the 1920s.

Three. There are three.

I feel like people have forgotten the Pigs but you will soon be reminded on a regular basis.

Pig is a distant 3rd.

OU
A&M
Pig
Rice/Tech/whatever

The idea of not playing OU is unacceptable, I would write dozens of sternly worded letters if that game stopped. Not playing A&M is painful, but overall its fine. I forget Arkansas even exists.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

There's a reason why they're in our fight song and we're in theirs.

Y'all are posting like 30 year olds

We're in their school song (The Aggie War Hymn).   Their not in ours.   

Do you know why?  Because they're jealous of us.  We're Varsity.   That makes them the JV.

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I didn't say they weren't a rival.

But our fight song was written 100 years ago before the State Fair tradition had even started. Things might have changed from the 1920s.

Three. There are three.

I feel like people have forgotten the Pigs but you will soon be reminded on a regular basis.

UT is unique in having 3 legit rivals. I loved the SEC move because it rekindles the aggy and pig rivalry. As witnessed in Fayettenam 2 years ago, piggy’s hate for us is still white hot. Swapping out teams like KState and ISU for pig is sweet. Out current students and younger alumni will learn to hate piggy. Like OU, I respect piggy because of the history we share with them and their program’s success, which, albeit was a long time ago. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

UT is unique in having 3 legit rivals. I loved the SEC move because it rekindles the aggy and pig rivalry. As witnessed in Fayettenam 2 years ago, piggy’s hate for is still white hot. Like OU, I respect piggy because of the history we share with them and their program’s success, which, albeit was a long time ago. 

get ready to hate half your schedule.  SEC is choke full o' assholes

UF has like 4 rivalry games, 5 on years we play Duh U

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, locodos said:

get ready to hate half your schedule.  SEC is choke full o' assholes

UF has like 4 rivalry games, 5 on years we play Duh U

That mutual hatred is one of the reasons why the SEC is the best conference in the country. It truly does mean more. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Most of us hate everyone not Texas. I don't get this conference brotherhood bullshit.

hth

You won't get it because it doesn't exist.  You'll see..

Except Vandy, because no one has a losing record to Vandy!

Edited by locodos

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I forget Arkansas even exists.

Then we play them and it all comes rushing back.

Watching them trip on their dicks in the 2019 College World Series is one of my favorite moments of schadenfreude ever.

15 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:

I feel like this is generational. 

Yeah. I remember how much everybody fucking hated them when I was a kid. I was 15 when they left for the SEC.

That damn pig mascot dancing after they ended our season in the Elite 8 in 1990...fuck that.

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

Except Texas. We fucking hate Vanderbilt and have been waiting almost 100 years to avenge our 1928 loss.

And I also hate their whistlers in baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, locodos said:

The fuck it doesn't. I constantly hear fans of lesser SEC teams, including Florida, brag about the accomplishments of the conference. That shit doesn't fly here.

Yeah, those of you that missed out on piggy, get ready.  They actually are all the bad things we say about the Okies.  Toothless hillbilly sister fuckers well known for their vandalism.  Pro tip, should you ever decide to go to Fayetnam for a pig/Texas game, rent a car without Texas plates unless you want to see your car fucked up.  Those people are stupid, mean and ornery.

I'd be perfectly happy never playing those fucks at aggy ever again, mainly because it's a constant no win situation.  They win and they won't shut the fuck up.  They lose and they won't shut the fuck up.  

My final thought here.  THere's a reason that Tell me about threads are the best when pointed at aggy, because those people are so much fun to point and laugh at.  There's no other school on earth more equipped to provide us a circus, not even FSU.  That's the one thing aggy is good for.

All that being said, FUCK OU.  I hope they get in a tough game and loose their tooth.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Tex Pete said:

The fuck it doesn't. I constantly hear fans of lesser SEC teams, including Florida, brag about the accomplishments of the conference. That shit doesn't fly here.

Well news to me, I haven't EVER heard a Gator bragging about another school.  Which fucking school were these posters bragging about?   The only schools that have had any real success are Bama/UGA/and LSU.  No fucking way anyone who went to UF puffed their chest out about those assholes!

I had to literally fight my way out of Bryan Denny Stadium when Siran Stacy went down.  Pissed drunk Gumps were lined up outside the stadium after the game.

UGA...  please

Corndogs?   Have you seen a UF/LSU shitastic slap fight?  

What I think you are referring to is when teams within the SEC talk about the difficulty of their schedules vs other conferences. And rightly so.  There is no "brotherhood" it's more of a viper's nest.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

You sure? Because both Arkansas and A&M were talking about how they were going to someplace where everybody would love and accept them and not be mean like Texas.

When have you known either of them to know a god damned thing?

See ATM handshake deals

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 1