2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

What is the consensus on Scotties' presser today?
a) he skips it to get away from the frenzy
b) he shows up with his attorney

Oh he is talking right now, he's talking up a storm.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

That's a firm 5i for me.

Granted it's probably landing 18 yards right of the pin in the shit. 

we need a "rate my 5 iron" video that shows over 200 yards.

32 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I hope they’ve sucked Tiger’s dick enuf today so that we won’t have to hear his name the remainder of the weekend.

Dude needs to play some tournaments to actually get in some sort of form or just stop. Not sure what is in it for him to play 6 times a year and look like this. 

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Dude needs to play some tournaments to actually get in some sort of form or just stop. Not sure what is in it for him to play 6 times a year and look like this. 

100%.  I suppose he’s the only one who doesn’t see he’s an embarrassment to himself.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Its not only what's in it for him, I suspect the PGA will be "weekend at Bernies"-ing his corpse around Augusta for years after he's dead. For whatever reason, apparently there's a huge fetish to watch him hack around these courses and miss cuts by a half a dozen strokes or more. 

18 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its not only what's in it for him, I suspect the PGA will be "weekend at Bernies"-ing his corpse around Augusta for years after he's dead. For whatever reason, apparently there's a huge fetish to watch him hack around these courses and miss cuts by a half a dozen strokes or more. 

Yeah, I actually don’t care if he is out there or not if he’s this uncompetitive. Just stop showing me all 78 strokes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, I actually don’t care if he is out there or not if he’s this uncompetitive. Just stop showing me all 78 strokes. 

I get it, I was never a Tiger fan. I think he's a socially awkward dork whose personality is boring as fuck. When he was playing at his peak, it was compelling stuff to watch him pull off his magic, and I have no real argument with people who argue he was the best to ever do it. But now that he's no longer capable of competing, there's zero allure left for me. He's not a particularly sympathetic character. I felt bad for his wife and kids, not him. At least he misses more cuts than not, so the major weekends are mostly Tiger-free. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Anyone know when this thing is getting back running and tee times come out?  

Still have 17 players finishing Rd 2 once fog lifts.

Rd 3 will go off on both 1st and 10th tees.  Best guess is Rd3 maybe starting around 10am or 10:30 CT.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

May start an hour later now @Wulaw Horn

Update:  "The weather delay also pushes back the tee times for the third round, which the tour projected to get underway at 11:17 a.m. ET at the earliest."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10121551-2024-pga-championship-round-2-delayed-until-further-notice-amid-heavy-fog

Edited by LTtxfan

The drama yesterday will make today’s broadcast the most compelling golf tv in years. I had dinner and wine with three non-golf fans last night. All 3 are actually interested.
Hot take:  If Scottie remains in contention, tomorrow will be the highest rated golf broadcast in a decade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Spieth with the patience of a gnat is taking on too aggressive lines early.  Already +1 on first 2holes, and in bunker on #3.

Edit:  At least he pars #3 with quality sand save shot. 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

Scottie being difficult to beat may be boring for some people but I think it’s actually drawing in more viewers. Either you want to see him crush the competition like I do or people want to see him get beat. You have to have a consistently amazing number one. And he’s that. I’m sad about Jordan but maybe he should hire some of the people Scottie has around him. He’s ruined a lot of what made him unique. Sad. 

2 hours ago, nnm said:

The drama yesterday will make today’s broadcast the most compelling golf tv in years. I had dinner and wine with three non-golf fans last night. All 3 are actually interested.
Hot take:  If Scottie remains in contention, tomorrow will be the highest rated golf broadcast in a decade. 

That might be true if he’d gotten arrested in Augusta, Georgia. The best PGA ratings wouldn’t beat the worst Masters’ ratings. 

33 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

So we got mullet boy, brooks, and doucheambeau as the ones that made the cut? Did I miss any of those fuckers?

Poor showing, again, overall. Color me surprised. 

I'm seeing DJ, Fatrick & Nieman, and then I quit looking. Not sure there could be more, but these guys don't really care so much, as they've been paid.

Posted (edited)

Scottie definitely missing his caddy... not sharp so far.  Wonder if emotional day yesterday is effecting him more today too??

+3 thru 3holes for his 3rd Rd

Edited by LTtxfan