Noah Knigga

Vic Mackey

33 minutes ago, achooloco said:

You think in the 1990s it finally was frowned upon by Americans at large?

edit: already covered but in Austin it wasn’t. That said it doesn’t mean it wasn’t and isn’t used by kids of all races in gaming and junior highs across the nation (well I should say queens here and most definitely dependent on socioeconomic level of the kid). But I meant it more as in adult America. Either way not the place I guess for the convo, this ain’t CR, my bad 

In Austin it wasn’t used or wasn’t frowned upon?

On 1/6/2024 at 8:46 AM, Jkwellborn said:

Give it time. One of the announcers is gonna put it on there by accident.

My 6th grade teacher could not pronounce words that ended in A, they all ended with a hard R.  Korea sounded like career, India sounded like endear, one of the girls in the class named Jenna  got called Jenner all year.  She also spent a good amount of time throughout the year talking about race, racism, diversity and acceptance as a black teacher in an all white school.   Having Noah in her class might have actually broken her.

• Haha 2

The word was not at all acceptable in the 60s or 70s. Of course you would hear it in redneck conversation, but that didn’t make it acceptable.

Growing up in the 60’s it was quite common but not acceptable. Proper folks said colored or nigra. Black was more 70’s.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

My grandma said nigra. Yes it was actually considered polite half a century ago.

Mine said nigra too. She was extremely redneck, but I don't think it was meant as a pejorative. It was just a cracker way of saying negro. But yeah, that shit definitely wouldn't fly nowadays.

There was a show in the 90s that featured Swiss families on a holiday getaway at a nudist camp. Not nearly as hot as it sounds
This would normally call for a "I'll be the judge of that! Link?" But it does seem the only people who attend nudist camps are either those who are about 20+ years past their expiration date or should never be nude around others at any age.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
19 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:
There was a show in the 90s that featured Swiss families on a holiday getaway at a nudist camp. Not nearly as hot as it sounds

This would normally call for a "I'll be the judge of that! Link?" But it does seem the only people who attend nudist camps are either those who are about 20+ years past their expiration date or should never be nude around others at any age.

sometimes it seems like those with the most flesh are the most eager to show it off

4 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Spoiler:  Most people, in particular most Surlyites, should never be nude around others at any age.  The vast majority of humanity, from all continents, is pretty stinking ugly.