Texas vs TTU- 7pm on ESPN2

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm sorry, but this is effing ridiculous.  New, student friendly arena, all the NIL in the world, and we can't beat Tech at home.  

Poorly coached. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Still can’t believe Beard fucked up.

he’s probably watching this game and crushing his beer cans in his hand, knowing that he’d likely be coaching a top 10 team at his alma mater right now had he not decided to date and stay with that horrible woman who is no longer even in his life. imagine *her* being your downfall.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Terry's seat getting warm. Getting blown out by your failed predecessor is not a good sign. Losing your first home game in conference play against a garbage Tech team is even worse. 

It's not warm. Check in one year from now.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We are back to the Shaka era where our teams are just horrible to watch. It’s one thing to not be good, it’s another to be unwatchable 

I’ve watched Texas basketball consistently since the 1970’s, and I just can’t watch this team. They are so ugly. I even hung in during the Kaiser Bon years. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

he’s probably watching this game and crushing his beer cans in his hand, knowing that he’d likely be coaching a top 10 team at his alma mater right now had he not decided to date and stay with that horrible woman who is no longer even in his life. imagine *her* being your downfall.

The $3.25 million will help him get over it no doubt

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

That’s optimistic. This team looks like a 6 win team in B12 play. 

yep.  middle of the road is a tournament team.  Mitchell is lost in the post, Abmas is learning about Big 12 basketball,  Weaver is good but limited, Hunter isn't a guy who is going to carry a team

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he’s probably watching this game and crushing his beer cans in his hand, knowing that he’d likely be coaching a top 10 team at his alma mater right now had he not decided to date and stay with that horrible woman who is no longer even in his life.

Hits close to home. Continuing to suffer because of someone no longer in your life is exactly how I feel about Beard. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Saint Austin said:

This program would be better off had we lost last year in the 2nd round. 

Correct and we almost did lose that game, it was tied with 2 minutes left. But because the David Dennison's of the world think that a win against Xavier is enough to earn him the job. We are stuck with him. 

• Rage+1 1

I don't know how those players can go through and shake the hands of the idiot ass tech players after they just threw horns down all over the court. They're fuckin better than I am. Fuckin sand aggy gonna sand aggy

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

TCU takes Kansas to the wire on the road and we are getting blown the fuck out at home by a shitass Tech team. We aint dancin. 

This was not a blowout loss, it was just an ordinary loss. Tech is a good team, not shitass. 

Yes, we probably aren't that great. This has been obvious for awhile. Need to turn it around if we are going to finish above .500 in the league. 

But aren't you one of those people who says stuff like "this team isn't even going a Regional, season over" everytime the Baseball team loses a game in February? And then that team ends up in Omaha? Maybe let a season play out man, see how things develop. Lots of basketball left to be played.

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

No way Terry makes it three years if he shits the bed this bad with his own roster.

Hope you're right but I can't think of any past coach at Texas not getting at least three years.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  middle of the road is a tournament team.  Mitchell is lost in the post, Abmas is learning about Big 12 basketball,  Weaver is good but limited, Hunter isn't a guy who is going to carry a team

No identity on either end of the floor.  This is a poorly coached team...   smdh

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Was a nice two year reprieve. This is gonna be worse than Shaka.

I think it is possible.  Shaka had elite athletes to overcome his ridiculous "coaching" and it was still bad.  Terry has Mitchell and that is it.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

This was not a blowout loss, it was just an ordinary loss. Tech is a good team, not shitass. 

Yes, we probably aren't that great. This has been obvious for awhile. Need to turn it around if we are going to finish above .500 in the league. 

But aren't you one of those people who says stuff like "this team isn't even going a Regional, season over" everytime the Baseball team loses a game in February? And then that team ends up in Omaha? Maybe let a season play out man, see how things develop. Lots of basketball left to be played.

Drugs are fun, enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That would not be me. I actually picked Texas to go to the supers last year. 

10 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

There’s going to be many more.

Yep. I am on board for the ride but it's not looking good. We needed this game tonight.

That is one of the reasons I was in such angst as we were blowing that lead to Miami last season. The future was murky after Beard had us on the road to success. Sure would have been nice to have a Final Four at least.

Instead well, just have to hope Terry and the gang find something.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I cant think of any coach that we hired under such unique circumstances though. He gets 2 years and if he doesnt make a sweet 16, he is gone. 

Exactly, Terry got handed a Cadillac last year and he managed to not crash it and held it together for a good tournament run. Nice guy but this year is not Top 25 basketball and this Tech game is not an anomaly for this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hope you're right but I can't think of any past coach at Texas not getting at least three years.

I was 1000% on board with the hiring and was sure that with the players he retained plus the new additions that we’d be a Sweet 16 contender and as fun to watch as last year.

But I was wrong on all counts. There is zero chance that he’s the coach after next year. Zero

Hell if we go 4-whatever in conference play (which is entirely possible) he may actually agree to “mutually part ways….”