Texas (-11.5) vs WVU- 2pm on LHN

shadow_operative

I don’t put much stock into games like this outside of just the normal happiness for getting a conference win because of how unpredictable this team and league is. 

We could beat Houston next Saturday or lose by 20 and neither would be surprising.

1 minute ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

Nice blowout win on a day where a loss would have been devastating. Now comes the hard part…

image.thumb.png.372ac16d538fd46fd4b1a74788644ad6.png

2-2 in this stretch and we are sitting pretty. 1-3 causes some sweat to return. 0-4 press the panic button.

32 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Abmas shoots a better percent from 3 over his whole career than J'Covan did in his BEST year... on DOUBLE  the attempts.  And he is a better free throw shooter.  And he is more efficient from 2. 

J'Covan could use his strength to get buckets in a way Abmas can't though.

Abmas is probably the best pure shooter we have ever had. 

Max is the best pure shooter i’ve seen since AJ Abrams. Much better all around game to go with it. 

To me it’s like AJ going SS

Dragon Ball GIF by Toei Animation

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

As 12 point favorites? Interesting 

Well in my defense I didn't even know the line. Plus I was busy looking at hot snatch pictures from Maui.

How's it going btw? Y'all recovering out there?

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Ambas record not same since Oscar Robinson and Bird didn’t play 5 years.

They didn’t even play 4 years. And they had no 3-point line (not as big a deal for Robertson) and they didn’t have a shot clock to increase possessions either….

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t put much stock into games like this outside of just the normal happiness for getting a conference win because of how unpredictable this team and league is. 

We could beat Houston next Saturday or lose by 20 and neither would be surprising.

2-2 in this stretch and we are sitting pretty. 1-3 causes some sweat to return. 0-4 press the panic button.

Let's just do 4-0. 

10 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

They didn’t even play 4 years. And they had no 3-point line (not as big a deal for Robertson) and they didn’t have a shot clock to increase possessions either….

Really have to break it into different eras then, because that’s just how the game has evolved 

36 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Yep and the lack of acknowledgement of this is annoying AF.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Proud Longhorn Dad moment today! First time at a longhorn game with my son and daughter. My son has been to 2 football games and basketball is his sport. He’s hooked now after today! My daughter is 3 and it was her first longhorn game of any kind!

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

Man that is awesome.

And this is what it is all about.

Great job !

15 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Proud Longhorn Dad moment today! First time at a longhorn game with my son and daughter. My son has been to 2 football games and basketball is his sport. He’s hooked now after today! My daughter is 3 and it was her first longhorn game of any kind!

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

We were across the aisle and a few rows down from you.  Did you enjoy the WVU lady screaming DEFENSE most of the game? She eventually gave up...

Edited by PantsTent

18 hours ago, HookEm said:

In fairness some of them also played against guys that looked like this:

image.png.10852baa5ad151dfa1664d66c8fdcbfd.png

Years ago, I was reading about that movie and if I remember correctly, this kid was the best athlete in the movie.

Supposedly, he was such a good free throw shooter that he had problems actually missing a free throw but I get your point.

It's tough to compare athletes from years ago with today because the game is so different now. I would have loved to see lebron

challenge the prehistoric beasts like Wilt, Russell, Zelmo, Thurmond, Reed and the rest.