Deadpool & Wolverine

Michael Knight

One thing I've really enjoyed about not only the Deadpool movies, but some of Reynold's other movies is his working in the old pop hits into the soundtrack. It makes me laugh and strikes me as fitting his personality and perhaps Canadian-ness. Getting the audience to laugh with him and at him so that he's imminently likeable as you watch the movie.

Ryan Reynolds has hooked up with the hottest chicks, over-acted badly in many of his early roles, made hundreds of millions of dollars on business dealings on top of his movie earnings, and even owns an English soccer team.  There are so many reasons for me to be jealous of him and hate him.

But I don't.  I can't.  Instead, he is my man-crush.

LFG

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

Ryan Reynolds has hooked up with the hottest chicks, over-acted badly in many of his early roles, made hundreds of millions of dollars on business dealings on top of his movie earnings, and even owns an English soccer team.  There are so many reasons for me to be jealous of him and hate him.

LFG

One of my great celebrity sightings was when I was seated at a table in the main room at Commander's Palace and he and co-star (Green Lantern) Blake Lively wound through the dining room on their way to an upstairs private dinner. Nobody in my party understood why I was more excited to see Michael Eugene Leslie "Berg" Bergen in person than the other one. As he was still married to ScarJo at the time, I probably witnessed him getting as close to a puppy drowning scumbag as he has ever been with that tryst.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Easter egg at the 1:20-1:30 marke.  Store named "Liefeld's" (Rob).

Just Feet. Because Liefeld was always made fun of for his inability to draw feet. 

Also, check the giant Ant Man helmet complete with skull inside being used as a base. When Deadpool and Logan are fighting, the wreckage behind them looks like the 20th Century Fox logo. I feel like this is going to be more about shitting on the Fox X-Men universe than the MCU. Though I'm thinking the Ant Man head might be making fun of the Quantummania movie. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yeah. With ya' there, 100%.

MCU owes RR big time. This will be a smash hit that will pull them out of their Marvels/Eternals/Quantumania tailspin.

I see the weirdo guy from Silicon Valley who got cancelled for being not that funny was not asked back to be a bar tender. Shame.

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

MCU owes RR big time. This will be a smash hit that will pull them out of their Marvels/Eternals/Quantumania tailspin.

I see the weirdo guy from Silicon Valley who got cancelled for being not that funny was not asked back to be a bar tender. Shame.

He said RR was a big meanie to him and wouldn't work with him again.

It's just like I told Kate Beckinsale; I won't be your sex toy again until you apologize for making fun of my junk.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/entertainment/t-j-miller-ryan-reynolds-deadpool/index.html#:~:text=“I think [Reynolds] should,3%2C'” Miller said.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BeardIP said:

That would be T.J. Miller. He called in a bomb threat on an Amtrack train. Turns out he had a brain tumor causing his behavior. Met him in Vegas a couple years ago. Nice guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, RPM said:

That would be T.J. Miller. He called in a bomb threat on an Amtrack train. Turns out he had a brain tumor causing his behavior. Met him in Vegas a couple years ago. Nice guy. 

Did the brain tumor cause his Netflix special to be one of the worst I’ve ever seen?

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Did the brain tumor cause his Netflix special to be one of the worst I’ve ever seen?

Possibly? How tf would I know? I've only seen 1 of his standup specials and it was way before SV. I was not blown away.